Scholarships & Awards
Student scholarship recipients celebrate at the STCC Foundation's annual Donor Breakfast & Scholarship & Awards Ceremony.
The College has many opportunities for students to apply for scholarships and awards. Scholarships are made possible through generous gifts made by an individual, family, foundation or corporation. Students may begin applying for scholarships on March 6th, 2017. Please check this page throughout the academic year as new scholarships may be added. Also, please click on the "other scholarships" listing at the bottom of the page for additional opportunities.
Students who are enrolled at Springfield Technical Community College are eligible to apply for scholarships.
To be able to apply, you must have a STCC e-mail. Go to stcc.academicworks.com. Click on Sign Up. Sign Up for a scholarship account using your STCC email and create a password of your choosing. Next, check your STCC email for a confirmation email and click on the confirmation link inside. This will log you into the system for the first time. Once you are logged in, complete the general application. Once your general application is complete, you may browse the site for scholarships for which you may be qualified. There are two types of scholarships:
- Auto-match: these scholarships require only the information found in the general application. You don t need to do anything other than complete the general application to qualify for these.
- Apply-to: these scholarships require that you answer questions or provide more information specific to this scholarship. An apply-to scholarship will have an Applybutton next to it in the scholarship listing. When you click on Apply, you will see the questions you need to complete. Once you complete them, you can save and submit your answers. To be considered for apply-to scholarships, you must answer the additional questions. You can find these scholarships on the "Recommended Opportunities" page.
The system will suggest scholarships based on your general application, but it does not match your qualifications 100%. You must browse all scholarships to identify and apply to scholarships for which you may be qualified. If you rely solely on recommendations, you will miss out on opportunities!
April 2, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. You must have all references submitted and essays completed (if required) by this date and time. No exceptions.
If you are a student or scholarship administrator and need help with your MyAccounts username or password, please contact the Foundation office at (413) 755-4529 or email email@example.com.
Scholarship recipients will be notified via email by April 28. Please note that scholarship recipients must attend the Donor Breakfast/Scholarship and Award Ceremony on May 25 to receive their scholarship. More information and RSVP link will be provided in award email.
Thanking Our Donors
A well-written thank you letter is important to the scholarship donors, who appreciate learning about you, your goals, and future plans. Your letter acknowledges the value of their contributions, and encourages their continued support.
Here are some guidelines and tips for writing a sincere and well-written thank you letter:
- The letter may be handwritten or typed. If your handwriting is legible, a handwritten note is a nice touch. Use plain white paper, stationary, or a simply thank you card.
- Be prompt. Do not wait too long to write your letter of thanks after you've been notified of your scholarship.
- Address the letter to the donor or the person who should receive the letter with the appropriate title (Dear Dr., Mr., Mrs., Ms.). If you do not know this information, please contact the Foundation office and someone will be able to assist you.
- Start your letter by thanking the donor for their generosity in providing this scholarship. Mention the name of the scholarship in your letter (noted on your congratulatory email and/or letter).
- Next, tell the donor a little about yourself - educational background, extracurricular activities, achievements, aspirations/goals andhow this scholarship will help you achieve your college and career goals.
- Let the donor know what your future plans are. What you plan to do with your degree/certificate?
- Finally, express your appreciation for the financial support received from this scholarship.
- Check all spelling and grammar.
- Sign the letter.
- Please return or email to the Foundation office, Building 16, Room 267 or bring to the Donor Breakfast and we will make sure it is delivered to the donor.
Congratulations on receiving a scholarship here at Springfield Technical Community College - you deserve it!
Other Scholarship Opportunities
In addition to the Foundation and College scholarships overseen by the STCC Scholarships and Awards Committee, there are a number of additional scholarship opportunities available to our students. Scholarship list.
Director of Foundation & Development
Garvey Hall/Building 16/Room 267