STEM Starter Academy
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is dedicated to investing in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) research, education, and job and workforce development to meet the critical need for employees in these fields. STCC has developed the STEM Starter Academy (SSA) in response to the Commonwealth’s charge. SSA provides programs for a range of students including high school students, STCC students, and STCC STEM majors.
The driving principles of SSA are to support our underrepresented student populations with providing equity and access to STEM majors and pathways and to promote positive and equitable outcomes through intense student support and guidance.
- To create student awareness of the value and demand for STEM majors offered at STCC and career opportunities.
- To enhance student readiness to persevere in a rigorous STEM major through bootcamps, utilizing campus resources, provide STEM active learning opportunities, tutoring and peer- mentoring.
- To improve student retention by intense case management strategy of intrusive advising, guidance, and support to handle academic challenges and overcoming life barriers.
- To engage a more diverse student population underrepresented and underserved communities in the STEM workforce to promote positive and equitable outcomes.
- To improve degree completion in a STEM major and transfer to a 4-year STEM degree program or join the STEM workforce.
Student Success Program
The Student Success Program provides students with FREE resources and support services available to students selected to participate in this program.
STEM Pre-teaching Experience Internships
The STEM Pre-teaching Experience Internships are for STEM majors who have identified STEM education as their career pathway.
STEM Careers Symposium and Expo
The STEM Careers Symposium and Expo is an event for STCC students to gain employment and internship opportunities.
Summer Bridge Program
Want to get a head start on your STEM Academic Journey at STCC? The STEM Summer Bridge Program will give you the opportunity to adapt to college life.
College for Kids Summer Programs
Does your child want to learn more about STEM? FREE College for Kids Summer Programs are offered in Airbrushing and Programming a Mobile App.
Two-to-Four-Year Summer STEM Transfer Academy
Getting ready to graduate from your STEM program at STCC? The Two-to-Four-Year Summer STEM Transfer Academy prepares you for your transition to one of the Massachusetts Public Institutions.
Student Success and Testimonials
Student reflections on STEM Starter Academy Experiences
My experience at SSA summer bridge program, I can say, was phenomenal. I was unsure of my major before I participated, however, by the completion I had confidence in my choice of STEM majorSSA Student