Founded in 1967 and located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site, Springfield Technical Community College is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC offers a variety of career programs unequaled in the state. Biotechnology, Health Information Technology, IT Security, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Nursing, Optics & Photonics, Respiratory Care, and dozens of other career programs produce potential employees each year. STCC's highly-regarded transfer programs in Business, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Science, and Technology continue to provide the most economical option for students pursuing a four-year degree. Our Workforce Development Center offers short term, affordable training both on-site and online. With an annual enrollment of over 6,000 day, evening, weekend, and online students STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity.
Springfield Technical Community College supports students as they transform their lives.
Springfield Technical Community College will be a dynamic, multi-cultural learning community where students grow in character, intellect and self-confidence.
- Dedication: We believe that with pride and determination among our faculty, staff and students we can create a community of truly inspired individuals.
- Integrity: We are committed to fostering an environment that promotes truth and the development of individual character.
- Respect: We nurture mutual respect among faculty, staff and students. With respect, we embrace differences to create an inclusive environment for all.
- Community: As a community within the community at large, we improve lives and strengthen the region through accessible and affordable higher education.
- Student-Centered: We encourage our students to be the best that they can be. We provide a diverse educational experience that promotes personal and professional growth.
- Caring & Commitment: As a community of dedicated faculty and staff who care about student success, we produce graduates who will contribute to the well-being of the region and to the Commonwealth.
Our graduates have risen to prominence in their professions and consider STCC to be the most vital link in their successes. Whether employed by one of our region's prominent health care facilities or major manufacturers, the message from employers is always the same - STCC graduates deliver. In fact, they deliver the most vital services the Greater Springfield area depends on and cannot live without.
Number of Programs
- 87 degree and certificate programs
Areas of Study
- Liberal and Professional Studies
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Health & Patient Simulation
Number of Faculty and Staff
Number of Alumni
- Annual Enrollment (Fiscal Year 2019): 6,800
- Class of 2019 Credentials Awarded: 841 Associate Degrees, 132 Certificates
- Fall 2019 Enrollment: 5,066
- Age Range: 15-83
- Ethnicity: White 41%, Hispanic 30%, Black 14%, Other, including unknown 14%
- Gender: Female: 59%, Male 41%
- Enrollment Status: Part-Time 57%, Full-time 43%
- Average Age: 25