MILE Summer Bridge Program
To apply please fill out the application below and click submit. A staff member will contact you.
We want to see you get ahead of the class and succeed!
The Male Initiative for Leadership and Education (MILE) Summer Bridge Program offers recent high school graduates the opportunity to begin college early in an accelerated environment while providing additional supports and resources.
Resources include access to peer mentors, supportive faculty, supplemental instructors, academic tutors, and the MILE professional staff. Participants will become familiar with the STCC campus, get introduced to support services, and attend courses that strongly emphasize critical thinking and analytical skills.
MILE Summer Bridge students will work as a cohort (group of students in classes together). Students will attend classes on campus during the STCC Summer 2 Session. The MILE Summer Bridge program will run from June 26th through August 9th, 2023. Participants can earn up to five college credits.
Students will receive Math, English, and First Year Experience free of cost. Classes will be in a hybrid format. There will be certain days and times that students will be expected to be on campus. The dates run from Monday, June 26 - August 9, 2023.
- Be a Massachusetts resident
- Registered for at least ONE (1) Fall 2023 course
- Graduated high school within the last 2 years
Supports and Benefits
- The MILE Summer Bridge Program is FREE for all accepted students!
- Support in the transition process from high school to college
- Opportunities to develop the skills necessary to thrive academically, including sessions on academic skill-building, career/major exploration, self-advocacy, team-building activities, and peer tutoring/mentoring
- Access to all STCC Student Resources
- Support Services: advising, counseling, and tutoring as needed.
- Essential Campus Resources: Financial Aid, Career Center, Center for Access Services, Testing and Assessment, and more.
- Dedicated peer tutors, peer mentors, and Supplemental Instructors (SIs) are assigned to each cohort.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) textbooks, which are free of charge.
- Access to the STCC library’s digital equity program, which loans Chromebooks and hot spots.
- Blackboard training to help participants learn how to navigate STCC’s learning management system (LMS)
- Opportunities for leadership development and campus engagement.
- Connections to the MILE program and resources for continued support.
Whether participants remain STCC students or choose another college upon completing this program, all skills provided will support students navigating the higher education experience. At the conclusion of the Summer Bridge Program, participants have the opportunity to become participants in the MILE program, which will ensure that they are able to receive continuous program services throughout their educational career at STCC.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact either:
The Male Initiative for Leadership and Education (MILE) Program
MILE Administrative Assistant
The MILE Summer Bridge Program is sponsored by the MILE and STEM Starter Academy Programs.