Announcements & Media Releases
Recent Campus Updates
Accepting Student Vaccination Documentation
October 14, 2021
STCC is now accepting documentation of COVID 19 vaccination inoculation for students.
Clarification on Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
September 23, 2021
The college is not yet collecting proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Details of the implementation of the vaccination requirement will be shared when available.
Community College COVID Vaccination Requirement
September 20, 2021
The Massachusetts community colleges announced that they will require all students, faculty, and staff to be fully vaccinated by January 2022.
Springfield Mask Mandate
September 13, 2021
In addition to mandatory mask-wearing indoors, masks must also be worn outdoors if six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained. The order applies to student-athletes practicing and playing games on campus. Masks may be removed for eating and drinking.
Repositioning the Campus Repopulation Workgroup to the COVID Response Team
August 26, 2021
The COVID Response Team (CRT) will be established as a sub-group of the Emergency Response Team (ERT). The CRT will monitor campus repopulation efforts and ensure preparedness for any surges or changes in pandemic conditions that impact STCC operations.
CDC Reporting on Cases in Hampden County
State House Release COVID-19 Media Update
Massachusetts COVID-19 Figures
Data as of 5 p.m., Thursday, 9/9/21
New Confirmed Cases: 1,726
Total Confirmed Cases: 725,359
Total Deaths: 18,350
Full Vaccinations: 4,545,046
- AUGUST 31, 2021.....During the month of August, the 19th month during which COVID-19 infections have been detected in Massachusetts, public health officials reported a total of 37,111 cases, a little more than five percent of the pandemic's cumulative case count here.
- The Department of Public Health capped off the month Tuesday by reporting 1,557 new cases of the respiratory disease and announcing 17 recent COVID-19 deaths, the highest single-day death total since May 17.
- Since the Bay State's first case of COVID-19 was confirmed and announced publicly on February 1, 2020, at least 709,599 people have been infected with the coronavirus. Since the first COVID-19 death was announced on March 20, 2020, 18,246 people with likely or confirmed cases of the virus have died here.
- The state's seven-day positive test rate climbed back up in Tuesday's DPH report, from 2.51 percent as of Monday to 2.61 percent. At the same time, the number of people with COVID-19 who are hospitalized decreased from 603 patients as of Monday's report to 591 patients as of Tuesday's update.
- Earlier Tuesday afternoon, DPH announced that the number of people in Massachusetts fully vaccinated against COVID-19 now stands at 4,500,183, an increase of 5,619 people from Monday's vaccination report. -- Colin A. Young