Steps STCC is Taking to Help Protect You
The STCC Facilities Department is ensuring that all wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers are replenished. Additional free-standing dispensers are also being set-up at building entrances and in public areas especially during public events.
STCC Facilities, IT, and Library staff will increase the frequency of cleaning public spaces and computer labs.
The STCC Health & Wellness Center located in Building 19 (room 177) has tissues and hand sanitizer on-hand and available for distribution.
Best Practices to Protect Yourself
The STCC Health & Wellness Center reminds all students, faculty, and staff to remember these tips to avoid spreading any respiratory virus, including COVID-19. If you are symptomatic, the CDC recommends you stay home and contact your primary care provider.
These simple steps will help to prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses (including flu) and promote a healthier campus community.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a waterless hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Sneeze and cough into a tissue or your sleeve
- If you use a tissue to sneeze or wipe your nose, throw it away and immediately wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- It's not too late to get a flu vaccination. Vaccines are available at medical offices, pharmacies, and the Health & Wellness Center.
The STCC Health and Wellness Center is available to assist you with related questions or concerns at (413) 755-4230.
GIC Health Benefits
The Group Insurance Commission (GIC) offers guidance and resources for STCC employees whose health insurance is through GIC.