International Students

As an international student at Springfield Technical Community College, you have the opportunity to earn a two-year Associate’s degree or one-year Certificate. Please visit our academic programs page for more information about our program offerings.

Admissions representatives help international students obtain their I-20 (form) so they can apply for an F-1 Student Visa. Students must submit an online application for admission as well as all supplementary material in order to receive their acceptance letter and I-20 (form).

Please know that there is no financial aid or housing available for international students. International students are not eligible for the payment plan and must pay their bill in full at the time that it is due. F-1 Visa students are not permitted to work off-campus while they are enrolled in school, unless they qualify under special circumstances as defined by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. International students must maintain full-time status by registering for a minimum of 12 credits per semester.



June 1st

Fall (September) Semester

November 1st

Spring (January) Semester


Students must take the following steps to complete their admissions application:

  1. Complete the online application.
  2. Submit notarized copies of the Living Expenses Form & Tuition and Fees Form.
  3. Submit a notarized, English translation of your high school transcript. The transcript must be an original document and must include the graduation date. If applicable, please include official college transcripts. College transcripts must be notarized, English translated, and presented in a sealed envelope.
  4. If the primary language in your country is not English, please submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores. STCC requires a score of 80 or higher on the internet-based (IBT) or 525 or higher on the paper-based test (PBT).
  5. If you are currently in the U.S. and seek to change your current visa status to an F-1 visa status, or if you are transferring from another college as an F-1 visa holder, you must submit a copy or your valid passport and current visa. Transfer students must also submit the Student Transfer Form.
  6. Students must submit documentation indicating that they have enough funds to attend STCC for one academic year (or two semesters) as outlined below:

Tuition & Fees

$14,054 (12 credits per semester plus insurance as of 5/4/2018)

Living Expenses

$10,000 per person on visa*

Books & Supplies

$  1,200

Total Expenses


*If you are requesting a visa for one or more dependents, an additional $10,000 per person is added to the total expense. You must provide acceptable documentation to prove your ability to meet these additional expenses. You must also complete the Dependent Form for each respective dependent.

We will accept the following documentation as evidence of sufficient funds:

  • An official signed bank letter indicating total available funds (no older than 3 months).
  • An official bank statement showing total balance of available funds (no older than 3 months).
  • A bank letter indicating liquid funds in your sponsor’s possession (no older than 3 months).

If you have questions regarding the international application process, please contact the International Student Advisor by email or phone.

Louisa Davis-Freeman

(413) 755-4333


Applicants with a high school transcript in a language other than English must submitted a certified translation of their transcript. The translated document must clearly indicate that the student completed the equivalent of secondary school education, and when possible, a grade evaluation should be performed for each subject.

Applicants who attended college outside of the United States must have their transcripts translated into English and evaluated for grading equivalency. The evaluation should include course titles, completed credit/semester hours, and letter grades earned for each course. Transfer credits cannot be awarded without an evaluation.

Please know that all documents submitted to STCC that relate to admissions or transfer credits become property of the College and will not be returned.

A credit translation and/or evaluation must be performed by a certified evaluation service. Commonly used certified services for educational evaluation and translation in the United States include:

North American Educational Group (NAEG)


Center for Educational Documentation (CED)


World Education Services (WED)


For translation services only:

University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Translation Center


The applicant is responsible for any fees associated with evaluation or translation services. It is highly recommended that one of the four listed services are used to ensure proper document evaluation and translation.