Human Services/Social Work-HSSW.AA
- Estimated Length of Program: 2 years
- Credential Awarded: Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Transfer
The Human Services/Social Work Option is offered for students who desire to:
1. Move seamlessly into a four-year academic institution with Junior status with the intent of obtaining a BSW or MSW, or:
2. Complete an A.A. Degree with the expectation of working in a Human Services Organization in either the private or public sector.
The overall objective of the program is to provide the student with the skills required in a field with an ever-increasing need for workers as dictated by:
1. Commitment to provide community-based programs to people with a psychiatric diagnosis;
2. Commitment to provide educational services to every child in the least restrictive environment increasing the need for public advocacy;
3. Commitment to family reunification;
4. Social-economic needs of an ever-increasing diverse society;
5. The increase in opioid addiction rates.
Upon the successful completion of the program requirements, the degree of Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Transfer will be awarded.