Human Services/Social Work
Ever wonder what a Social Worker really does? Does it make you feel good to help others and advocate for the betterment of society? Are you ready to work in the mental health field assisting with various communities such as the elderly, children, adults, or individuals struggling with substance abuse? A career as a Social Worker may be for you! In this program, the student will earn an Associate in Arts upon completion of a 90 hour field practicum, and be prepared to work in the field.
- Estimated Length of Program: 2 years
- Credential Awarded: Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Transfer
The Human Services/Social Work Option is offered for students who desire to:
1. Move seamlessly into a four-year academic institution with Junior status with the intent of obtaining a BSW or MSW, or:
2. Complete an A.A. Degree with the expectation of working in a Human Services Organization in either the private or public sector.
The overall objective of the program is to provide the student with the skills required in a field with an ever-increasing need for workers as dictated by:
1. Commitment to provide community-based programs to people with a psychiatric diagnosis;
2. Commitment to provide educational services to every child in the least restrictive environment increasing the need for public advocacy;
3. Commitment to family reunification;
4. Social-economic needs of an ever-increasing diverse society;
5. The increase in opioid addiction rates.
Upon the successful completion of the program requirements, the degree of Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Transfer will be awarded.