Electrical 3 (Web-led)
WELC-003 Electrical 3 (Web-led)
Springfield Technical Community College and the Gould Construction Institute are pleased to announce a joint partnership in the presentation of this electrical apprenticeship program. This program offers four levels of instruction in compliance with the current regulations of the MA Board of Electrical Examiners. These regulations require that all apprentices entering the trade on or after July 1, 2001, complete 600 hours of classroom instruction (150 per year/75 hours per term) in a curriculum that meets the approval of the Board.
This course consists of 168 classroom hours. This program is one of four courses to fulfill the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Electrical Examiners for Journeyman Electricians. Students must complete 600 hours of classroom instruction (150 per year/75 hours per term).
Major Topics covered in Electrical 3 include:
- Load Calculations-Branch Circuits
- Conductor Selection and Calculations
- Overcurrent Protection
- Box and Fitting Fill Requirements
- Wiring Devices
- Distribution Equipment;
- Distribution System Transformers
- Basic Lighting
- Motor Maintenance: Part 1
- Motor Calculations
- Motor Controls
- Electricity in HVAC Systems
- Hazardous Locations
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Times: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Dates: September 1, 2020-April 2021
Classes are synchronous 5-8 p.m. with a live instructor thru Zoom. More information will be provided by Gould.
2020 National Electrical Code®, NEC® Handbook
It is required that all students bring a copy of the 2020 National Electrical Code®, NEC® Handbook to class.
To view Electrical 3 (Web-led) related careers, live job listings, and average salaries please see STCC’s Career Coach.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Room 143
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “electrical" and hit “Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note, STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. Students may pay with cash, checks, money orders, and E-Checks as a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
At this time due to COVID-19, in-person enrollment has been suspended until further notice.