Asphalt Academy Pre-Apprenticeship Program
WTRD-009 –Asphalt Quality Control Analyst Pre-Apprenticeship Program
with NETTCP HMA Plant Technician Certification (280 Hours)
March 9, 2020 - May 1, 2020
Classes at STCC
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
March 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27, 2020
On the Job Training
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
March 30 - April 24, 2020
Hot-Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification
36 hours at STCC
April 27, 2020 - May 1, 2020
- Monday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Participate in this new 280 hour Asphalt Quality Control Analyst Pre-Apprenticeship Program and prepare for the exciting career opportunities available in the Paving Industry! The successful completion of this three-part pre-apprenticeship program will qualify you for a 2000 hour paid On the Job Training Apprenticeship program.
The Asphalt Quality Control Analyst Pre-Apprenticeship Programs features:
- STCC Asphalt Academy classroom program (82 Hours) utilizing the new Mobile Asphalt Laboratory on the STCC campus. In addition, your will receive career guidance, interviewing preparation and resume writing assistance that will lead to interviews.
- 4 weeks of paid, on-the job-training. You will work with state-of-the-art equipment and some of the best highway builders in the U.S.A. as you increase your knowledge of the industry!
- The New England Transportation Technician Certification Program (NETTCP) Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification course (37.5 Hours) and exam at the STCC Asphalt Academy and Asphalt Laboratory.
If you're currently working in the asphalt industry, or interested in a career in the asphalt industry, enhance your career opportunities with paid on the job training and a NETTCP certification through this exciting new pre-apprenticeship program!
Upon successful completion of the 280-hour Asphalt Quality Control Analyst Pre-Apprenticeship Program, a MAAPA Member Company will consider your candidacy for enrollment in the 2000 hour paid OJT Apprenticeship Program that will continue to enhance your Quality Control Analyst skills.
This training is possible through collaborative efforts with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Transportation, Massachusetts Asphalt Aggregate and Asphalt Association (MAAPA) and the New England Transportation Technician Certification Program (NETTCP).
Seats are limited.
To be considered for the Asphalt Quality Control Analyst Pre-Apprenticeship Program, or for more information, please click on the link below and complete the form.
Please provide complete contact information as requested below. A representative from the STCC Workforce Development Center or an industry partner will contact you immediately. We will provide you with additional information, including potential scholarships, and answer any questions you may have. Should you want to be considered for enrollment, an interview will be scheduled.
To Enroll Online:
- Click Online Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in Asphalt’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 755 4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll In Person:
Go to STCC Building 27, Room 143, 1st Floor to register for the course.
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org