STCC, ELMS COLLEGE TO HOLD SIGNING CEREMONY TUESDAY, NOV. 22, TO ANNOUNCE TRANSFER AGREEMENTS FOR 4 PROGRAMS
At a ceremony, presidents from Springfield Technical Community College and Elms College in Chicopee will sign articulation (transfer) agreements for four academic programs. The agreements will allow students in certain associate degree programs at STCC to transfer into the following baccalaureate programs at Elms and carry over their credits from STCC: Healthcare Management, Computer Information Technology, Social Work and Graphic Design.
Under the transfer agreements:
- Graduates with associate degrees from the Health Information Technology or Medical Coding and Billing Specialist programs at STCC will be accepted at Elms. They will enter as a junior in the Healthcare Management program at Elms.
- Graduates with associate degrees from the Computer and IT (Information Technology) Security or Programmer programs at STCC will be accepted at Elms. They will enter as a junior in the Computer Information Technology program at Elms.
- Graduates with associate degrees from the Liberal Arts Transfer: Human Services/Social Work Option at STCC will be accepted at Elms. They will enter as a junior in the Social Work program at Elms.
- Graduates with associate degrees from the Graphic Design program at STCC will be accepted at Elms. They will enter as a junior in the Graphic Design program at Elms.
Tuesday, Nov. 22, 3 p.m.
Scibelli Hall/Building 2/Room 218
Springfield Technical Community College
One Armory Square, Springfield
The following people from STCC and Elms will be present at the ceremony:
- John Cook, President, STCC
- Mary Reap, IHM, Ph.D., President, Elms College
- Jason Alves, Professor, Computer Information Technology, STCC
- Anne M. Bonemary, Dean, School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, STCC
- Walter C. Breau, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Elms
- Eric Brown, Professor and Chair, Liberal Arts Program, STCC
- Brian Candido, Professor and Chair, Computer Information Technology, STCC
- Louise Corcoran, Former Professor and Adjunct Faculty Member, Health Information Technology, STCC
- Jim Danko, Coordinator of Media Relations, STCC
- Louisa Davis-Freeman, Dean of Admissions, STCC
- Nancy Farrell, Director of Marketing, STCC
- Goose Gosselin, Associate Professor of Computer Information Technology, Chair, Division of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Technology, Elms
- Beryl Hoffman, Associate Professor of Computer Information Technology, STCC
- Maureen Holland, Associate Professor of Social Work and Social Work Program Director, Elms
- Leona R. Ittleman, Dean, School of Business and Information Technology, STCC
- David Kimball, Chair, Division of Business, Professor of Business Management, Elms
- Dana Malone, Director of Operations, School of Graduate and Professional Studies, Elms
- Laura Marshall, Communication Coordinator, Elms
- Tracey McKethan, Professor and Program Chair, Health Information Technology, STCC
- Arlene Rodriguez, Vice President of Academic Affairs, STCC
- Wally Soufane, Off-Campus Program Coordinator, School of Graduate and Professional Studies, Elms
- Joseph Wagner, Director of Admission, Elms
About Springfield Technical Community College
Founded in 1967 and located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site, STCC is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC, an Achieving the Dream Leader College, offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. STCC’s highly regarded transfer programs in business, engineering, liberal arts, science and technology continue to provide the most economical options for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of more than 8,500 day, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity.
For more information about STCC, visit www.stcc.edu or www.facebook.com/SpringfieldTechnicalCommunityCollege
Follow @S_T_C_C on Twitter