New professional development classes offered at STCC
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Springfield Technical Community College will offer six new professional development classes starting in April. All are designed to help employers or employees gain valuable skills.
- Improvisational Skills for the Workplace – Theater skills will be taught to enhance workplace skills. This class is scheduled Wednesdays, April 5, 12, 19, 26, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The instructor is an improvisational comedian who will help the class develop conversation skills in an interesting and fun style. For more information, visit stcc.edu/wt/descriptions/zdev-124---improvisation-for-the-workplace/.
- Business Writing for Success at Work– Wednesdays and Fridays, April 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. This interactive course delivered by an STCC professor will give students the tools to become better writers. The focus is to help students design clear and complete memos, letters, and e-mails for business situations. For more information, visit stcc.edu/wt/descriptions/zmng-527-business-writing-for-success-at-work/.
- Negotiation Skills – Two options for this class: Saturdays, April 1, 8, 15, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., or Monday and Wednesdays, April 3, 5, 10, 12, from 12:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. The class introduce students to practical strategies and skills that help them become more successful negotiators. For more information, visit stcc.edu/wt/descriptions/zmng-338-fundamentals-of-negotiations/
- Customer Service Skills– This class consists of three primary topics: guest engagement, experiences and problems. It will be held May 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, and 18, from 3:30 p.m. to 6:50 p.m. The class teaches important skills to improve how to interact with customers and guests. It will help students with differing personality styles, and listening skills focused on understanding the cues and clues that guests are providing. Also, appropriate response techniques including articulation and vocabulary, and overall efficient and effective customer interactions. For more information, visit, stcc.edu/wt/descriptions/zdev-125-customer-service-training-/
- Building Business Relationships– This class will be held April 11, 13, 18 and 20, from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The workshop focuses on the importance of making friends and building relationships in business. For more information, visit stcc.edu/wt/descriptions/zvel-002-building-relationships-for-business/
- Project Management – This class will be held May 8, 10, 15, 17, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The class teaches the basic nuts and bolts of project management, from gaining approval on the scope, schedule and cost to planning and executing to a successful end result. For more information, visit stcc.edu/wt/descriptions/zvel-001-understanding-project-management/
Other classes enrolling now for spring include Emergency Medical Technician, Certified Nurse Aide and some important computer certifications. Also, hundreds of online classes are offered that students can complete while at work or at home. Visit stcc.edu/wt or call Workforce Training at (413) 755-4225.
About Springfield Technical Community College
Founded in 1967 and located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site, STCC is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC, an Achieving the Dream Leader College, offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. STCC’s highly regarded transfer programs in business, engineering, liberal arts, science and technology continue to provide the most economical options for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of more than 8,500 day, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity.
For more information about STCC, visit www.stcc.edu. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@S_T_C_C).
Jim Danko, Coordinator of Media Relations
(413) 755-4812, firstname.lastname@example.org