STCC to offer CPR, First Aid, OSHA, ServSafe classes over summer
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Springfield Technical Community College will offer several healthcare, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and ServSafe certification classes during the summer break.
The healthcare certification classes include:
- Heartsaver® First Aid, 2 OPTIONS. Tuesday, June 13, 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Tuesday, July 18, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., $69: Heartsaver First Aid is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies.
- CPR – Basic Life Support Refresher, June 13, 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., $59: The BLS Refresher course is designed to train students in the lifesaving skills of both CPR and relief of choking.
- CPR – Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, 3 OPTIONS. Friday, May 26, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 2, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Friday, July 21, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., $119: The BLS Healthcare Provider Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. The course is intended for certified or noncertified, licensed or non-licensed healthcare professionals.
OSHA certification classes include:
- OSHA 10-hour Construction Safety, May 23 and 24, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., $175: This entry-level, two-day class is intended for employees who work on public construction sites in Massachusetts.
- OSHA 10-Hour General Industry, May 30 and 31, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., $175: This training teaches safety awareness and provides information regarding workers’ rights and employer responsibilities. Students who successfully complete this two-day, 10-hour class will receive an OSHA 10-Hour General Industry wallet card. This certification is required by several employers across most industries.
ServSafe classes include:
- ServSafe Preparation, 2 OPTIONS Saturday, June 10, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or weeknights June 13, 15 and 20, 6 p.m. – 8:40 p.m., $109: Obtaining and maintaining your ServSafe Food Handling and Sanitation Certificate means you have the tools and knowledge you need to ensure that your workplace meets industry standards for cleanliness along with proper safety requirements for food handling and preparation. Participants will receive a ServSafe Certificate and license directly from the National Restaurant Association. Price includes class hours and exam. Textbook (ServSafe Manager Book 6th Ed, English) is not included but may be purchased from popular booksellers.
- ServSafe Renewal Saturday, 2 OPTIONS. June 17, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or Wednesday, June 28, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., $77: ServSafe Renewal of current certification. Participants will receive a ServSafe certificate and license directly from the National Restaurant Association. Price includes class hours and exam. Textbook (ServSafe Manager Book 6th Ed, English) is not included but may be purchased from popular booksellers. Current ServSafe license must be shown to instructor to register for this course and exam.
For more information and to enroll online, visit www.stcc.edu/wt. To learn more about these certification classes and other workforce training programs, call (413) 755-4225.
About Springfield Technical Community College
Founded in 1967 and located on 35 acres of the Springfield Armory National Historic Site, STCC is a major resource for the economic vitality of Western Massachusetts. As the only technical community college in Massachusetts, STCC, an Achieving the Dream Leader College, offers a variety of career programs unequalled in the state. STCC’s highly regarded transfer programs in business, engineering, liberal arts, science and technology continue to provide the most economical options for students pursuing a four-year degree. With an annual enrollment of more than 8,500 day, evening, weekend and online students, STCC is a vibrant campus rich in diversity.
For more information about STCC, visit www.stcc.edu. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@S_T_C_C).
Jim Danko, (413) 755-4812, firstname.lastname@example.org