Facebook Terms and Conditions
Linked is the official Facebook page of the Springfield Technical Community College (STCC) Police Department. The page was created to provide people who attend and work for STCC as well as others with an interest in the STCC Police Department a platform with which to interact with the STCC Police Department. The page is monitored and managed by the STCC Police Department. The STCC Police Department manages the page as a LIMITED PUBLIC FORUM and therefore the following conditions apply:
- A posting on the page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- Do not use the page to report a crime. To report a crime, dial (413) 755-4220.
- In case of an emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
- If you post information related to a crime on the page, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime and subject yourself to subpoena and, in certain situations, endangering yourself or others.
- Sending or accepting “friend” requests between an officer and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
- Comments posted by others on the Facebook page(s) are not to be considered the opinion of the STCC Police Department nor the college; nor endorses any third-party comments on the page. The STCC Police Department reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the STCC Police Department
- The STCC Police Department does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the STCC Police Department/Communications Office. If you have photos or videos you’d like to share on the page, contact the Social Media administrator at (413) 755-4220
- For more information, visit the STCC Police Department webpage.
- The STCC Police Department welcomes a person’s right to express their opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to content on the page. The STCC Police Department reserves the right to remove any comments that
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others
- Include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity, spam or advertise
- Could harm the safety or well-being of one of our employees, including personal attacks
- Are off-topic
- Have personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy
- Include copyrighted material that belongs to another person
- Contain links to inappropriate websites