Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program provides STCC students interested in developing leadership and communication skills with the opportunity to serve as role models, advocates and peer advisors to fellow students. Ambassadors educate students about the many resources available on campus and encourage involvement and engagement in campus life. Ambassadors work closely with college offices and campus initiatives including Student Activities & Development and college wide events and programs.
Students interested in serving as a Student Ambassadors are urged to apply during the Spring Semester or summer for the following academic year.
Student Ambassador Duties
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Promote student success.
- Represent the student community at a variety of internal and external events.
- Assist new students in becoming oriented, getting involved in student organizations, attending campus events, and making meaningful connections with people in the college community.
- Promote student resources, activities, and events.
- Create and maintain an Open House atmosphere during the first two weeks of the semester in the Student Ambassador Center, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Design, create, and implement one Student Ambassador event per year (either a community service type event or one that fulfills a student need).
- Participate in community service events.
- Assist at New Student Orientation.
For more information or a physical application please stop by our office.
Ira H. Rubenzahl Student Learning Commons (B19), room 129
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (413) 755-4912
Fax: (413) 755-4036