Our 2017-18 Team
Women's Coaching Staff
Prospective Student Athlete (A message from Coach Piteo):
My name is Coach Randy Piteo and I am the Women’s Head Soccer Coach at Springfield Technical Community College. I am very much interested in having you come to STCC to play on the Women’s Soccer Team. I have been at STCC for 10 years alongside with me I have Assistant Coach Mike Zguro who has been with me since I started 10 years ago and Assistant/ Recruiting Coach Channing Calcasola who has been with the program for two years now.
So why choose STCC?
- You will have the opportunity to play on a competitive college soccer team and contribute to its success.
- You will have the opportunity to develop as a player as you will train at a higher level and compete at a higher level.
- It is a great opportunity to get a great education at a reasonable cost. As it stands right now full time students pay between $2500-3000 a semester and with financial aid the cost is significantly less. A student at STCC will save on average $15,000 to $25,000 per year versus a Massachusetts State College or University, with that savings increasing by another $5,000 to $15,000 versus a Private College or University.
- You can transfer your credits to a four year program. A lot of students are general studies majors and they take their credits that they earn at STCC and transfer them over to a four year program. So you can go to STCC for two years, save money and get a great education, and then transfer to a four year program.
- There are many career opportunity majors such as nursing, criminal justice, and automotive technology.
- Players are recruited to go and play at four year programs. If that is an interest of yours I will help with this process.
- In writing this letter I thought that you should hear directly from some former players. I have included their thoughts about attending STCC below.
I hope to meet you in person and answer any questions you might have! Please feel free to contact me on my cell at 413-896-3258 or you can send me an email at email@example.com or our recruiting coach Channing Calcasola at 413-272-9719 or you can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inside the RAMS
“STCC has provided me with the opportunity to earn my two year degree in liberal arts transfer where I then transferred off to Worcester State University to complete my bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice. STCC became family to me, in the classroom and on the field I made friends who I know will last me a lifetime. Being able to play competitive soccer everyday was a dream of mine that came true! Both on and off the field Coach Randy Piteo and Mike Zguro worked with me to make me a better athlete and student. Loving the game and making the relationships I did attending STCC I now find myself back at STCC Coaching the Women’s Soccer team with my former Coaches! It is a great feeling to be back and to give back to the school and Women’s Soccer program that helped me achieve my dreams and goals! “
Coach Channing Calcasola – graduate of STCC in 2012.
“The STCC Women's Soccer Team this year was closer than ever. Win as a team, lose as a team, we did it together. The program itself is taking major steps forward! In my two years of playing we were back to back Regional Finalists, something our program hasn't been able to do in quite a few years. This year, 2017, we took home second place, but I have no doubt in my mind they will take it all next season! These are an amazing group of girls! Of course we wouldn't have gone nearly as far as we did had it not been for such an exceptional coaching staff. Each coach brought something different to the table. Pushing us every day both mentally and physically, helping us not only to become the best athletes we could be but also the best versions of ourselves. Playing for the 2016 and 2017 STCC Women's Soccer Team was an incredible and incomparable experience! “
“If you're thinking about playing, JUST DO IT! You won’t regret it!”
Alecia Cestroni –graduate of STCC in 2017.
“The person who said winning isn’t everything never won anything, so keep working even when no one else is watching!” I have been playing for the Women’s Soccer team from 2016-2017 we have accomplished so much together and I have made lifelong friends! The coaches have become mentors and have helped each and every one of us both off and on the field! My advice is to join the STCC Lady Rams and enjoy and experience you will not get anywhere else!!!”
Olivia Malone- graduate of STCC in 2017.
Accomplishments of STCC Women's Soccer
In 2016 the Lady Rams made it to the NJCAA Region XXI Semi Finals where they won and qualified to play in the NJCAA Region XXI Championships where the Rams finished second in Region.
In 2017 the Lady Rams made another appearance at the NJCAA Region XXI Semi Finals where they once again won and qualified to play in the NJCAA Region XXI Championships coming in second place in the Region!
The Lady Rams have had the privilege to name several of their players throughout the years as REGION XXI First and Second Team Players! More than half of the Lady Rams who have graduated from STCC and took part in the Women’s Soccer program have gone off and fulfilled their dreams of continuing to play soccer at a four year University!