Terms and Conditions

Determining Aid

Your financial aid package is based upon 2 things, financial need and the availability of funds. Our policy is to award 'free' student aid (does not have to be paid back) before offering a student loan. Loans are offered when we cannot meet your need with free aid or funding is no longer available.

The Award Letter

Award letters are based on full-time enrollment (12+ credits). Student Financial Services(SFS) will verify your enrollment status and your financial aid award(s) will be adjusted to reflect the credits you are attending. To see individual award criteria please see our Financial Aid Programs page.

Withdrawal Policy

Your financial aid award is based on anticipated costs for each term. If you stop attending classes, you may not be eligible for all of the aid awarded. The college will calculate the amount of aid you are entitled to receive up to the point you stopped attending classes. If aid was disbursed, the unearned portion must be returned to the appropriate federal and/or state agencies. You are responsible for repaying any unearned aid received. Even though the college does not require instructors to take attendance, the institution does monitor attendance to see if you unofficially stopped attending classes. It is important that you officially notify the college if you need to stop attending one or all of your classes. Course Withdrawal and College Withdrawal forms are available at the Registrar's Office. For more information about the Withdrawal Policy, please see our Withdrawing and Refund Policies page.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

In order to receive financial aid, you must remain in good academic standing and continue making satisfactory progress while pursuing your degree or certificate. Student Financial Services will monitor your progress and academic standing at the end of each acdemic year or semester (if you are in a certificate program or on Financial Aid probation). Failure to successfully complete the courses attempted may result in a loss of financial aid. View our complete SAP Policy.

Paying The Bill

Your financial aid award will automatically be applied towards your bill. If your financial aid award is not enough to cover tuition and fees, you are responsible for the balance of your bill. For inquiries regarding your bill, please contact the Student Financial Services at: 413-755-4214.

Excess Aid

If you have financial aid funds remaining after paying your educational expenses, the excess aid will be disbursed to you. The college begins disbursing excess cash after the 30th day in the semester. Late disbursements occur throughout the year as files are completed and awarded. For more information on Refund Checks please see our Financial Aid Refund page.

General Requirements

  • You cannot receive financial aid for a course that you never attended. Any funds disbursed based on a class that you did not attend may result in you owing money to the school.
  • You cannot receive financial aid for Audited classes or CLEP and Challenge exams.
  • Keep your name and address current with the Registrar's Office to ensure receipt of any excess aid you may be eligible for.
  • You must notify Student Finacial Services if you are in receipt of a scholarship or grant from another source.
  • The receipt of additional aid may impact your eligibility for federal or state need based financial aid.
  • You cannot receive aid at more than one college at the same time. If you are taking classes at 2 different schools, you can only receive financial aid from one institution.

Repeat Coursework

For financial aid purposes, there is a limit to the number of times that students can repeat coursework. A student may repeat a previously passed course one time in an attempt to receive a better grade. A course that was previously not passed, may be repeated up to two times.