- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be enrolled and accepted into a degree granting or eligible certificate program
- Be a U.S citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be in good academic standing
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) toward your degree
- Certify that you are not in default on a federal student loan or owe money on a federal grant
- Register with Selective Service, if required
Student Financial Services(SFS) retrieves the processed Student Aid Reports from an electronic mailbox and imports the data into our software system. You may also need to provide our office with additional information.
The Department of Education requires all applicants to meet certain eligibility requirements and if there are any conflicts, Student Financial Services is required to resolve them. In addition, the Department of Education randomly selects a percentage of applicants to complete a process called 'Verification'. If you are selected for verification you must provide Student Financial Services with copies of the documents used to complete the FAFSA. In addition to resolving the conflicts identified by the Department. of Education, Student Financial Services will review the ISIR for inconsistent or missing information. Please provide the information requested immediately; failure to complete this process in a timely manner will delay the awarding process.