Student Loan Entrance Counseling
Understand Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Direct Loan Borrower
All new student loan borrowers at STCC must complete a one-time entrance counseling session as part of the loan acceptance process. The Federal Government requires you to complete entrance counseling to ensure that you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming.
Entrance Counseling Will:
- Explain your rights, responsibilities, and obligations as a student loan borrower
- Provide information about student loans in regards to:
- Interest rates
- Loan disbursement
- Brief introduction to repayment
- Avoiding default
- Review the Financial Aid Process
- Answer any questions the borrower may have
Student Financial Services will notify students electronically and by standard mail of the in-person dates, times, and location entrance sessions will be held.