Health Insurance Information
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, effective September 1, 1989, requires each student carrying nine (9) credits or more and accepted into a program to participate in the student health insurance program.
If a student has comparable coverage and wishes to waive participation in the Massachusetts Community College insurance plan, the student must complete a waiver form showing comparable coverage.
The following health insurances cannot be used to waive the STCC health insurance:
- MassHealth Limited
- Health Safety Net
- Children's Medical Security Plan
- Out-of-State Medicaid Plans
For further information on student health insurance please visit the Massachusetts Health Connector Help Center website.
The health insurance provider for the 2022-2023 academic year is Blue Cross Blue Shield, serviced through Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk.
- The last day to waive the student health insurance for a semester is the billing due date for that semester.
- A student's bill must be paid in full before the College can forward a student's name and payment to the insurance company for coverage.
- All payments to the payment plan must be made and/or financial aid must be applied to the student's bill, resulting in a zero balance, before the appropriate information is forwarded to the insurance company.
- If you are using Federal Financial Aid to pay for Health Insurance and Authorization form is required to be filled out with Student Financial Services.
The cost of the Fall 2022 policy effective September 1, 2022 through August 31, 2023 is $3,858.00. The cost of the Spring 2023 policy effective January 1, 2023 through August 31, 2023 is still pending. The insurance company will not process any claims until the student's bill is paid in full and has been submitted to Gallagher, at least 30 days after the start of the semester.
Please Review: Important Health Insurance Information:
Health Insurance Authorization Form
The STCC Student Financial Services is required to obtain written authorization to apply Federal Financial Aid to the student health insurance charge. If you are relying on Financial Aid to pay your bill you must complete an Authorization Form so that we may apply financial aid to this charge.