Health Insurance Information
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, effective September 1, 1989, requires each student carrying nine (9) credits or more, at least 1 credit on campus, and accepted into a program to participate in the student health insurance program.
If a student has comparable coverage and wishes to waive participation in the Massachusetts Community College insurance plan, the student must complete a waiver form showing comparable coverage.
The following health insurances cannot be used to waive the STCC health insurance:
- MassHealth Limited
- Health Safety Net
- Children's Medical Security Plan
- Out-of-State Medicaid Plans
For further information on the student health insurance you can go to the following web page: https://www.mahealthconnector.org/help-center.
The health insurance provider for the 2019-2020 academic year is Blue Cross Blue Shield, serviced through Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk.
- MassHealth requires students who are eligible for the student health insurance plan and are on MassHealth to be submitted for premium assistance.
- The last day to waive the student health insurance for a semester is the billing due date for that semester.
- A student's bill must be paid in full before the College can forward a student's name and payment to the insurance company for coverage.
- All payments to the payment plan must be made and/or financial aid must be applied to the student's bill, resulting in a zero balance, before the appropriate information is forwarded to the insurance company.
The cost of the Fall 2019 policy effective September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020 is $2,390.00. The cost of the Spring 2020 policy effective January 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020 is $1,595.00. The insurance company will not process any claims until the student's bill is paid in full and has been submitted to Gallagher.
Please Review: Important Health Insurance Information:
- Health Insurance Waiver Instructions
- 2019-2020 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-2020 MACC Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- 2019-2020 MACC Summary of Benefit
Health Insurance Authorization Form
The STCC Student Financial Services is required to obtain written authorization to apply Federal Financial Aid to the student health insurance charge. If you are relying on Financial Aid to pay your bill you must complete an Authorization Form so that we may apply financial aid to this charge.