MassReconnect: Free Community College for Adults 25+
What is MassReconnect?
MassReconnect is a program for Massachusetts residents 25 years of age or older to earn an associate degree or certificate for FREE at Springfield Technical Community College (STCC) or any other Massachusetts public community college. Tuition and fees are covered, and students will receive an allowance to pay for books and supplies.
STCC President John Cook spoke with WAMC Northeast Radio to further explain the MassReconnect program.
Who is eligible for MassReconnect?
To be eligible for the MassReconnect Program students must:
- Be 25 or older on the first day of classes
- Have been a permanent legal resident of the Commonwealth for at least one year at start of the enrolled term
- Have not previously received an associate or bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Enroll in at least six credits per semester in an approved program of study leading to an associate degree or certificate
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the college’s requirements
- Complete the 23-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
How to Enroll
- Complete the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply to Springfield Technical Community College.
Want to learn more about free college?
Attend one of our MassReconnect information sessions listed below or submit your contact information below so that we can reach out with more information.
|MassReconnect Webinar||10/2 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM||Zoom|
|MassReconnect Webinar||10/3 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM||Zoom|
|MassReconnect Webinar||10/12 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM||Zoom|
|MassReconnect Webinar||10/13 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM||Zoom|
|MassReconnect Webinar||10/18 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM||Zoom|
|MassReconnect Webinar||10/19 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM||Zoom|
Submit your contact information below so that we can reach out with more information.
Have questions in the meantime? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Recipients who are later determined to be ineligible for MassReconnect may be billed for disbursed funds.