Massachusetts Casino Career Training Institute announces information, registration sessions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Massachusetts Casino Career Training Institute announces a series of MGM Springfield information sessions and MCCTI registration dates in January and February to assist anyone considering a gaming occupation.
Area residents interested in working as professional card dealers or croupiers can attend a registration event listed below to sign up for training classes in the MCCTI Gaming School at 95 State St., Springfield. Classes begin Feb. 26.
MCCTI’s website lists dates and times for information sessions and registration dates. Visit www.mccti.org/upcoming.html to view the dates, make an appointment, reserve a space and print a ticket.
MGM Springfield information sessions, designed to provide more information for anyone interested in gaming careers at the new MGM Springfield Resort Casino, will take place on the following dates and times at MGM Springfield Career Center, 1259 E. Columbus Ave., Springfield.
- Saturday, Jan. 6– 11 a.m., noon, and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 10– 6, 7, and 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 20– 11 a.m., noon, and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 24– 6, 7, and 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 3 – 11 a.m., noon, and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 7– 6, 7, and 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 14– 6, 7, and 8 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 16– 11 a.m., noon, and 1 p.m.
In addition, MCCTI offers several enrollment/registration events for those interested in game training. The institute will provide information and help in selecting classes, enrolling, filling out forms, and more. Information sessions will be held on the following dates and times at the MGM Springfield Career Center, E2E (Education to Employment): Quaboag Region Workforce Training and Community College Center in Ware, Holyoke Community College in Holyoke and Springfield Technical Community College in Springfield.
- Friday, Jan. 5– Ware E2E – 11 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, Jan. 9– MGM Career Center – noon to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 11– HCC – Noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 16– MGM Career Center – noon to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 18– HCC – 7 to 8 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 22– Ware E2E – 11 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, Jan. 30– STCC – 6 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 31– MGM Career Center – noon to 1 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 5– Ware E2E – 11 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, Feb. 6– MGM Career Center – noon to 1 p.m.
HCC and STCC will run the gaming school through their Training and Workforce Options (TWO) collaborative.
The gaming school will provide dealer training in black jack, roulette, craps, poker and other casino games. Participants who successfully complete training programs for at least two different table games will be guaranteed an “audition,” or tryout, for a job at MGM Springfield.
About the Massachusetts Casino Career Training Institute
In 2012, the presidents of the state’s 15 community colleges signed a memorandum of understanding with the Massachusetts Gaming Commission to work collaboratively to provide training for casino jobs in each of the state’s three defined casino regions: Greater Boston, southeastern Massachusetts, and western Massachusetts. In the western Massachusetts region, MCCTI is operated by Training and Workforce Options (TWO), the workforce development collaboration between Holyoke Community College and Springfield Technical Community College. For more information, go to www.mccti.org.
Jim Danko, coordinator of Media Relations, Springfield Technical Community College
(413) 755-4812, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Yurko, manager of Media Relations, Holyoke Community College
(413) 552-2259, email@example.com