The Aspire Program at STCC is designed to provide an inclusive environment where students receive academic and social-emotional support through mentoring, intercultural experiences, leadership development, and community engagement opportunities.
The program's goal is to elevate cultural diversity using a holistic approach to skill building for academic success and to increase retention rates of underrepresented populations.
Program activities include:
- Connecting students with professionals and/or community mentors as well STCC staff/faculty mentors
- Exposure to cultural activities including the arts, heritage celebrations/events, and student-focused DEI training
- Providing targeted opportunities to address and increase mental health awareness
- Engaging in community service projects, team building activities, and educational excursions
- Social and celebratory events to recognize academic accomplishments
The Aspire Program will consist of 1:1 and group mentoring, leadership workshops, community service projects, social events, and educational excursions. Students will be expected to check in with the program staff and attend all Aspire-designated events.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Aspire Program, please complete the Aspire Participant Form.
For information more about the Aspire program, please feel free to contact us using the information below:
Multicultural Affairs Operations Manager