Scholarships & Awards
Student scholarship recipients celebrate at the STCC Foundation's annual Donor Breakfast & Scholarship & Awards Ceremony.
*To be able to apply, you must have a STCC student email.
- Go to stcc.academicworks.com.
- Click on Sign Up. Sign Up for a scholarship account using your STCC student email and create a password of your choosing.
- Next, check your STCC student email for a confirmation email and click on the confirmation link inside. This will log you into the system for the first time.
- Once you are logged in, complete the general application. Once your general application is complete, you may browse the site for scholarships for which you may be qualified. There are two types of scholarships:
- Auto-match: these scholarships require only the information found in the general application. You don't need to do anything other than complete the general application to qualify for these.
- Apply-to: these scholarships require that you answer questions or provide more information specific to this scholarship. An apply-to scholarship will have an Apply button next to it in the scholarship listing. When you click on Apply, you will see the questions you need to complete. Once you complete them, you can save and submit your answers. To be considered for apply-to scholarships, you must answer the additional questions. You can find these scholarships on the "Recommended Opportunities" page.
The system will suggest scholarships based on your general application, but it does not match your qualifications 100%. You must browse all scholarships to identify and apply to scholarships for which you may be qualified. If you rely solely on recommendations, you will miss out on opportunities!
NOTE: Returning applicants do not need to sign up again - please click on “Sign In” and log in using the same email address/password as the last session. If you do not remember your password, click on “trouble signing in?” and then “recover password.”
Please contact the Foundation office at 413-755-4529 firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to assist you with the scholarship application process.
October 18, 2019, @ 11:59 p.m. You must have all references submitted and essays completed (if required) by this date and time. No exceptions.
Scholarship recipients will be notified via email if they are selected as a scholarship or award recipient. Notification typically happens in early November. It is important that you check your STCC email as all scholarship related information will be announced using your student STCC email address. Please note that scholarship recipients must attend the Donor Scholarship and Award Ceremony (date TBA) to receive their scholarship. Family and friends are invited! More information and an RSVP link will be provided in award email.
Thanking Our Donors
A well-written thank you letter is important to the scholarship donors, who appreciate learning about you, your goals, and future plans. Your letter acknowledges the value of their contributions and encourages their continued support. If you need assistance with writing a thank you letter, please contact the Foundation office.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
In addition to the Foundation and College scholarships overseen by the STCC Scholarships and Awards Committee, there are a number of additional scholarship opportunities available to our students. Scholarship list.