Welcome to Springfield Technical Community College!
To land a resort casino job, you need more than luck. You need training and skills to compete as a candidate. If you’re thinking of one day applying for a job at MGM Springfield, consider applying today at Springfield Technical Community College.
With a planned opening in the Fall of 2018, MGM Springfield will offer thousands of employment opportunities, from hotel and casino operations to customer service and other career paths.
You’ve taken the first step in matching your skills to potential jobs and careers. Now, take the next step to competitively enter the industry of your choice by gaining additional education and training through STCC.
Below is a list of categories, skills and descriptions that employers, including MGM, are seeking.
Check the list. If you see a skill that you need or want to enhance, check out the various options that STCC offers to help you to obtain that skill.
Each training that you complete can be included on your application for employment in a wide variety of professions and industries. These trainings will not guarantee employment at MGM Springfield, but they may help you pursue a career in other industries with employers across the region.
You have options:
- Non-credit on campus workforce development trainings.
- Non-credit online classes through two nationally recognized providers.
- Credit courses on campus that can be part of a degree.
- Credit courses online that can be part of a degree.
We have also “bundled” several classes. This means by taking one of our Workforce Development classes, you may be able to obtain several skills that are recognized across several industries.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (413) 755-4225 or email@example.com
Sign up today to get started!
Training is available through the following options (Not all options are available for a particular skill):
- Ed2Go Online Education, Non-Credit Training Programs - Education to Go is an online educational content, technology, and services company for higher education. They offer hundreds of quality, online courses to assist you in finding a new career or prepare you for advancement in your current position. The programs provide an engaging, supportive, and convenient environment. They are completely online and available 24/7 so they work with any schedule.
- STCC Workforce Development, Non-Credit Trainings - The STCC Workforce Development Office provides non-credit training programs that meet the changing workforce demands of individuals, business and industry in the region. These classes meet at STCC, are generally shorter in length and are held at various times. Click the link below to connect to the main page of the dept. for a list of the upcoming classes that may be of interest to you. "
- STCC On-Campus Credit Courses - STCC is devoted to helping you achieve your goals. As the only Technical College of its kind in Massachusetts, we have a extensive selection of degree programs, degree options and certificate programs. The links below connect you to the college or a specific program within the college. From there, you can pick a degree program or simply a class that is of interest to you. Credit classes typically start at the beginning of each semester. (Sept, Jan and May)