Online Learning Orientation
When: 3/20/23, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
An optional but highly recommended orientation for students new to taking online courses or using the Blackboard Learning System.
The orientation introduces students to the online course format, including relevant institutional policies, instructional methods, and academic support resources. Particular emphasis will be placed on accessing and using Blackboard Learn, the primary online course delivery system used at STCC.
After completing the orientation, participants will be able to:
- identify what is an online course and where to participate
- utilize tips for success in an online class
- estimate the time commitment and weekly participation requirements of an online course
- seek out appropriate academic and technical support resources
- log in to the STCC Blackboard system and resolve account access problems
- access and navigate a typical Blackboard course website
- locate and retrieve the syllabus and other course documents
- turn in work using Blackboard's file submission Assignment tool
- complete a timed assessment using Blackboard's Test/Quiz tool
- communicate with instructors and classmates using the course Discussion Board
- check grades and review assessment results using the Blackboard My Grades tool
If you have any questions about the orientation program, please contact the STCC Online Learning Office at 413-755-4345 or email@example.com.