Emergency Guide - Fire/Smoke
How to Report a Fire:
- If fire or smoke is seen, leave the area immediately and pull the fire alarm as you evacuate the building.
- Alert other persons on your way out and close all doors behind you to confine the fire (see evacuation procedures).
- Do NOT use elevators.
- After evacuating, call the STCC Police at 3911 (campus phone) or 755-3911 (all other phones) to report the fire and give the following information:
- Building name
- Floor/area of fire/smoke
- Any details of the fire
- If you have specific information, notify the STCC Police officers or firefighters as they arrive on the scene.
Audible Fire Alarms Response:
- When the fire alarm sounds, all persons are to evacuate the building.
- Do not use elevators.
- Shut/lock doors behind you as you leave.
- Take keys and essential personal items.
- If instructed to evacuate, move at least 500 feet away from the area (take your keys and personal belongings with you) and await further instructions from emergency personnel.
- Do not re-enter building until instructed by emergency personnel.