Reset My Password
Below are overviews of important STCC applications (Gmail, WebAdvisor, STCCNet, Blackboard) as well as instructions on how to log in and change your passwords.
Welcome to STCC! Before you begin classes you will need to gain access to and become familiar with the following web applications
- STCC Gmail
- STCCNet Portal
Convenient links can be found at the top of all stcc.edu pages in the eTools drop down menu.
New students will receive a welcome letter in the mail (example letter below) that includes temporary passwords for the necessary STCC web applications listed above. Your letter should arrive a few business days after acceptance. If you have your welcome letter please complete the instructions below in advance of your first day of classes at STCC.
Example welcome letter
Students taking credit courses will get a STCC Gmail. STCC Gmail is used to communicate with offices and faculty. This account is separate from WebAdvisor and looks like the following example: email@example.com. You will be given a temporary password that needs to be changed.
- Log out of any personal Gmail accounts.
- Go to the Gmail login page.
- Enter your full email address as listed in your welcome letter (example firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your temporary password as listed in your welcome letter.
- Accept Terms.
- Enter New Password.
- Confirm New Password.
- Add a recovery email and phone number. This enables you to reset your password in the case of a lockout.
- Sign-out when done.
- Click on your initial in the top right corner.
- Select sign-out.
WebAdvisor is the tool used by students to access their school records. The same username and password is used to log onto computers, and printers on campus, as well as the STCCNet Portal. Your user id will look something like this: mjsmith0001 and should always be typed with lowercase letters. You are given a temporary password that must be changed. Create a strong password with a capital letter, lowercase letter, and a number. WebAdvisor does not allow special characters (!@#$%^&*). Password resets can only be done on a computer (it can't be changed on a phone or tablet). Now you are ready to change your password:
The WebAdvisor password will be sent to your STCC Gmail Account. Note, the process below needs to be completed on a computer. Mobile and tablet devices will not work.
- Log into WebAdvisor
- Click "Change Password" at the top right of the screen
- Read over the password standards printed in red
- Enter your WebAdvisor username in the "User ID" section
- Enter your temporary password in the "Old Password" section
- Enter your new password in the "New Password" section
- Re-enter the new password in the "Confirm Password" section
- Enter a word or phrase in the "Hint" section (Optional)
- Click the "Submit" button. Your password is updated.
Students are required to add a personal email (email other than STCC Gmail) to their WebAdvisor account. Adding a personal email enables us to email new passwords if you request a password change. For security reasons, we can only send a new password to a personal email on file. You can always visit us at the Help Desk.
- Log in to WebAdvisor.
- Select "Account Information" in the bottom right corner.
- Select "STCC Online Address, Phone and Email Changes".
- Complete the fields. Do not enter your STCC Gmail as your personal email.
- Click the "Click to update" button. Your account is updated.
Blackboard is used to participate in class content such as submiting class assignments, completing timed online tests/quizzes, as well as communicating through discussion boards. Faculty post syllabi and other course documents to Blackboard.
Your username for Blackboard is the same as the beginning of your STCC Gmail (ex. mjsmith0001 for Gmail email@example.com) The password is your seven-digit student ID number with the leading zero(s). The ID number is found on your class schedule, or on the back of your Ram Card. It may also be printed on your placement scores.
More information on Blackboard can be found on our Online Learning page.
The STCCNet Portal contains quick access to the many resources students will need. STCC offices and services will post documents, resources, and information meant only for current students, faculty, and staff.
To log into the STCCNet Portal use the same username and password as your WebAdvisor account. Your user id will look something like this: mjsmith0001 and should always be typed with lowercase letters. To reset your STCCNet password please follow the instructions titled "Resetting your WebAdvisor/STCCNet Password" above.
Current students can log onto the STCCNet Portal (using the same username and password as WebAdvisor) to access more Help Desk resources including additional FAQs and instructions, information on computer labs and printers, and cyber security tips.
For additional help contact the Help Desk at 413-755-4016, Helpdesk@stcc.edu, or in person at the Ira H. Rubenzahl Learning Commons (B19), room 171.