Emergency Evacuation Information
Individuals with disabilities may have special needs in emergency situations. The best way for students with disabilities to ensure that they are safe on campus is to plan ahead by taking into account their own needs and limitations. Springfield Technical Community College has a comprehensive system for emergency planning to assist individuals in the event of an emergency. We recommend that if you are in need of evacuation assistance, that you register with the Office of Disability Services.
What You Can Do
- Contact the Office of Disability Services (413) 755-4785 to discuss building evacuation procedures for individuals with disabilities.
- If you use a wheelchair, be prepared to explain how people can best assist you.
- If you have difficulty being understood, prepare a wallet-sized card containing all appropriate instructions and carry it with you. (Include medical and transportation information)
- Plan ahead by knowing the nearest exit and the locations of stairwells.
- If it is unsafe to use an elevator, proceed to the nearest stairwell and dial 911 from your mobile phone and await further assistance.
For additional information regarding evacuation assistance for a specific situation, please go to General Evacuation Procedures.
The STCC police can be reached at the Emergency Line: 413-755-3911 or 3911 from a campus phone. Their non-Emergency Line is: (413) 755-4220.
In the case of an emergency please dial 911. For non-emergency matters, Campus Police can be reached at (413) 755-4220.