"College Now" Dual Enrollment Program

College Now logo

College Now is a dual enrollment program that allows Springfield Public School students to apply to enroll in one free STCC credit course during the spring or fall term. Applicants may wish to take a course to fulfill high school graduation requirements or to pursue an academic interest.

Program Eligibility

Students must meet the following requirements to apply:

  • Active junior or senior status within Springfield Public Schools.
  • Minimum high school GPA of 2.0.
  • If a student has completed coursework with STCC previously, they must also have a minimum GPA of 2.0 with the college.

How to Apply

Application Deadline for Fall 2022 enrollment is June 17, 2022

  1. Contact your school counselor to discuss eligibility and course options. Eligible courses are listed below.
  2. Submit the appropriate application form (links below). Applicants under the age of 18 will need parent/guardian consent on their applications.
    1. Application for students who have never registered for a course at STCC
    2. Application for returning students who have an STCC Account
  3. Submit your current high school transcript. Your transcript should reflect your current high school grade and/or graduation year as well as your high school GPA. Transcripts can be submitted via email to collegenow@stcc.edu.
  4. The College Now/Dual Enrollment Office will contact you to confirm course registration.

Course Selection

  • Review the list of courses eligible courses below
  • Pay attention to Testing, PRE-REQUISITES and/or CO-REQUISITES
  • Select up to 5 courses
  • Students can take one class per term
  • No more than 20% of any section can be comprised of high school students

Eligible Courses

Taking Additional Classes

Students continue to have the opportunity to register for courses at STCC through the Registrar’s Office, as a non-degree student if they are ineligible for the College Now program or wish to take additional courses. Please be advised that they will be responsible for paying for any courses they register for as a non-degree student, as well as any additional costs for books, supplies, and fees (if applicable). Should any students be interested in this option, they can complete the Non-Degree Student Application. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.

Transferring College Now Course Credits

If you plan to transfer your College Now credits to another college or university after you graduate from high school or home school it is highly recommended that you speak directly to the transfer college regarding their transfer policies. Most colleges have a minimum grade requirement for transfer courses.

To obtain an official transcript of your College Now course credits you must request an official transcript from the STCC Registrar's Office. You can order your transcript online or by mail.

Support and Resources

Student Success Statistics

STCC has offered dual enrollment opportunities to eligible high school students (those with a minimum 2.0 GPA) since January 2009. Of the 4,152 students who have participated in College Now between January 2009 and December 2021, 84% passed coursework and earned a cumulative 15,442 credits (an average of 4.4 credits per student).


Should you have any questions, please email collegenow@stcc.edu.