Early College Career Pathway Programs
Springfield High School of Commerce/Springfield Honors Academy
Students in grades 10, 11, and 12 at Springfield’s High School of Commerce and the Springfield Honors Academy (SHA) can launch their college careers at STCC in six different pathways to a certificate or associate degree.
Eligible 10th grade students begin with our First-Year Experience course. After completion of this course, students select from the following pathways for their 11th and 12th grade years:
- Computer/Cyber Security
- Human Services/Social Work
- Business Administration
- Health Science
- Criminal Justice
- Digital Media/Graphic Design
STCC tuition is completely free, and books and other supplies are provided by Commerce. Students can earn up to 20 college credits while completing their high school studies.
- Register for and attend a Pre-application Workshop. You must register for the session. You can get a full list of Zoom links from your College and Career Readiness Staff or Guidance Counselors. It is imperative that you register for the workshop with a personal email account. Do not use your school or district email.
- Complete the Early College application. Within 48 hours of the Pre-application Workshop, you will be emailed an application link. There will also be drop-in Zoom times to get help with any problems you are encountering with the application.
- Complete placement testing.
- Attend orientation.
West Springfield High School
Students attending West Springfield High School are eligible to earn college credits and work towards an associate degree at STCC.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Business & Finance
- Environmental & Life Science
- Information Technology
STCC tuition is completely free and students are eligible for up to $100 per class for books. Westside students can earn up to 15 college credits while completing their high school studies.
To apply to the program please complete the Early College West Springfield High School Application. Please note, new users will need to create a new account.
For more information, contact Pamela Westmoreland, Director of Early College Initiatives, at (413) 755-4655 or email@example.com.