Policy on Personal Care Assistance and Personal Equipment

Individualized personal equipment such as wheelchairs, computers, and hearing aids, as well as attendance to independent living and personal care, such as assistance with medication, eating, dressing, and toileting, are not provided by the College or its staff (see ADA regulations regarding Auxiliary Aids).

Students with disabilities are responsible for providing their own personal care attendant (PCA) and personal equipment. The College will assist by providing information about resources for personal equipment through referrals to appropriate community and independent living center services.

For more information regarding community service agencies that may assist in creating an effective personal care assistance system for you, please contact the Office of Disability Services at 413.755.4785 or stop by the office in Building 19 / Room 141, Monday through Friday between 8am - 4pm.