Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification Course
WTRD-010 Hot-Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification (36 hours)
Fee: $1,450 for Non-Members of NETTCP/ $1070.00 for NETTCP Members
April 27, 2020-May 1, 2020
- Monday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The Hot- Mix Asphalt (HMA) Plant Technician Certification Course is designed for those individuals responsible for the sampling and testing of hot mix asphalt at the production facility. Suggested participants would include contractor and supplier quality control personnel, consultants, testing firms, and agency inspectors responsible for the quality of hot mix asphalt.
The purpose of the NETTCP Hot Mix (HMA) Plant Technician Certification Course is to ensure that agency, contractor, supplier/producer laboratory, and production facility personnel who perform the sampling and testing on HMA paving contracts are properly qualified.
- To provide candidates with a basic knowledge of Quality Assurance
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures utilized for sampling and testing of aggregates utilized in HMA production.
- To ensure a clear understanding of the basic properties of Performance Graded Asphalt Binder (PGAB) and the proper procedures used for sampling and handling PGAB at the HMA production facility.
- To provide the basic knowledge of the HMA production facility and the typical Quality Control sampling, testing, and inspection procedures used to monitor HMA production.
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures utilized for sampling and testing of loose mix and compacted HMA specimens.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or prior approval from NETTCP.
- It is strongly recommended that a candidate have at least six (6) months experience working in the asphalt industry.
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click: 'Search and Register for Workforce Development Classes'
- Type in Asphalt and hit 'Submit'
- Click: 'select' box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and it will include the Building and Classroom for the course.
To Enroll in Person:
STCC Campus, One Armory Square, Springfield MA Building 27, 1st Floor
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.