Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification Course
WTRD-010 Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification Course
Fee: $1,450 for Non-Members of NETTCP/ $1070.00 for NETTCP Members
The Hot- Mix Asphalt (HMA) Plant Technician Certification Course is designed for those individuals responsible for the sampling and testing of hot mix asphalt at the production facility. Suggested participants would include contractor and supplier quality control personnel, consultants, testing firms, and agency inspectors responsible for the quality of hot mix asphalt.
The purpose of the NETTCP Hot Mix (HMA) Plant Technician Certification Course is to ensure that agency, contractor, supplier/producer laboratory, and production facility personnel who perform the sampling and testing on HMA paving contracts are properly qualified.
- To provide candidates with a basic knowledge of Quality Assurance
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures utilized for sampling and testing of aggregates utilized in HMA production.
- To ensure a clear understanding of the basic properties of Performance Graded Asphalt Binder (PGAB) and the proper procedures used for sampling and handling PGAB at the HMA production facility.
- To provide the basic knowledge of the HMA production facility and the typical Quality Control sampling, testing, and inspection procedures used to monitor HMA production.
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures utilized for sampling and testing of loose mix and compacted HMA specimens.
$1,450 for Non-Members of NETTCP
$1070.00 for NETTCP Members
To Be Announced
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or prior approval from NETTCP.
- It is strongly recommended that a candidate have at least six (6) months experience working in the asphalt industry.
To view Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification Course related careers, live job listings, and average salaries please see STCC’s Career Coach.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Room 143
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “Asphalt " and hit “Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note, STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. Students may pay with cash, checks, money orders, and E-Checks as a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and will include the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room number.
Enroll in Person
STCC Building 27, Room 143 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225.