English as a Second Language
(ESL) - Level 1
WESL-001 English as a Second Language - ESL Level 1 (84 hours)
Fee: $299 Plus cost of the Book/s
For more information, please contact:
English Language Learners Office
Ira H. Rubenzahl Student Learning Commons (B19), Room 268
- Phone: 413-755-4063
To Be Announced
Required Books and Materials
Ventures Level 1 Student's Book & Workbook
2 Book Set
$29.96 after promotional code
Instructions for ordering with promotional code
- Go to https://www.cambridge.org/wm-ecommerce-web/english/landingPage/stccventures2020
- Find "Ventures Level 1", ISBN ISBN-13: 9781108646017.
- Click the blue "Add to cart" button. A window appears and closes.
- Click "Cart" in the top right corner. Your cart appears.
- Click the blue "Proceed to checkout" button.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Enter shipping address and other personal information.
- Click the blue "Next" button.
- Review the order summary.
- Enter promotional discount code "stccventures2020".
- Click the blue "Apply" button. The message "stccventures2020 has been applied. Your order will be shipped for free You have saved $5.29" appears.
- Check "I agree to Terms and Conditions". The "Proceed to Payment" button turns blue.
- Click "Proceed to Payment" button.
- Enter payment information.
- Click the green "Pay" button.
This is an introductory course that emphasizes the basics of conversation, reading, writing, and vocabulary development. The focus of the course is on improving listening comprehension and increasing conversational fluency. Reading techniques such as identifying the main idea and details, guessing the meaning of new words from context, and skimming and scanning are covered. Through a broad range of student-centered activities, students are given the opportunities to practice and reinforce important grammatical structures and patterns.
Students who successfully complete Level I can continue to ESL-Level 2
Suggested Enrollment Process
Please visit the English Langauge Learners Office located in the Ira H. Rubenzahl Student Learning Commons (B19), room 268 or call 413-755-4063.
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.