Essentials for CompTIA Network+ Certification
WITS-001 Essentials for CompTIA Network+ Certification (36 hours)
Fee: $999 includes textbook and practice exams
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
|Section||Date & Time|
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network Infrastructure support or Network administration.
CompTIA Network+ validates the knowledge and skills of networking professionals. It is an international, vendor-neutral certification that recognizes a technician's ability to describe the features and functions of networking components and to install, configure and troubleshoot basic networking hardware, protocols and services. Many corporations and organizations recommend or require the CompTIA Network+ certification for their IT employees. As the demand for skilled network support professionals grows, CompTIA Network+ is quickly becoming the standard for networking competency.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a career in the IT Infrastructure fields this is great first step along with attaining your CompTIA A+ Certification. This also the first step towards a Cisco CCENT Certification.
Topics covered in this program include: Network Fundamentals, Network Protocols, TCP/IP subnetting,VoIP, Wireless networking, network troubleshooting, Infrastructure installation, and maintenance.
- CompTIA A+ Certification or at least a working knowledge of PC hardware and Operating Systems
- Students should already have a basic understanding of networks and how they function.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Identify & Describe different network medias (bounded &unbounded)
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Understand Static and Dynamic routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks, such VoIP.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in virtualization & cloud computing.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
Please feel free to contact the instructor if you have any questions about the course content.
Director of Program Development and Professional Services
STCC- Authorized Testing Center & Workforce Training
VOICE: 413-755-4506 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cisco CCENT, CCDA, CCNA Certified
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+, e-Biz+, and i-Net+ Certified Professional
- Microsoft MCDST, MTA (OS & Network) & MCP Certified
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Professional E-Commerce
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Instructor
- IBM Certified Specialist- i-Series 400 Operations
- Certified Wireless Technology Specialist (CWTS)
What Can CompTIA Network+ do for you?
Having proof of your skills and knowledge gives you the edge over other candidates when you're applying for a job, providing:
- Proof of professional achievement
- Better job opportunities
- A viable career path
- Certification can be used towards college credit
- Foundational knowledge for additional certifications
- Prerequisite for Microsoft and Cisco certification courses
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: On Line Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘Network’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 27, 1st Floor to register for the course or call 413-755-4225
Financing Your Training Needs
Financing Your Education
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.