English as a Second Language
(ESL) - Level 1
ZESL-100 English as a Second Language - ESL Level 1 (84 hours)
Fee: $299 Plus cost of the Book/s
|Section||Date & Time|
|C01||9/11-12/18, Tues and Thurs, 9:30am - 12:15pm|
|C02||9/11-12/18, Tues and Thurs, 6:00pm - 9:00pm|
This is an introductory course that emphasizes the basics in conversation, reading, writing, and vocabulary development. The focus of the course is on improving listening comprehension and increasing conversational fluency. Reading techniques such as identifying the main idea and details, guessing the meaning of new words from context, and skimming and scanning are covered. Through a broad range of student-centered activities, students are given the opportunities to practice and reinforce important grammatical structures and patterns.
Students who successfully complete Level I can continue to ESL-Level 2
For more information, call 413-755-4423
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: On Line Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘ESL’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 755 4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 755 4225