English as a Second Language (ESL) - Level 2
ZESL-200, English as a Second Language (ESL) - Level 2 84 hours
Course DescriptionThis course is designed for advanced beginning students of English as a Second Language. Emphasis is on the further development of reading, listening, comprehension and speaking skills in English. Through a broad range of student-centered activities, students are given an opportunity to practice and reinforce important grammatical structures and patterns. While these activities take various forms-role-plays, extended guided conversations, questions about the students' real world, and topics for classroom discussion or debate-they are intended to actively engage the students in meaningful conversation based upon their interests, backgrounds, and imagination.
Another focus of this course is on reading and writing development in English through exercises in the text, dictations, spelling drills, written class work, and homework assignments. Learning to write one paragraph well is emphasized.
Students who successfully complete Level 2 can continue on to ESL Level 3
Successful completion of ESL Level 1 or appropriate score on the ESL placement examination.
For more information, call 413-755-4423
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: On Line Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘ESL’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 755 4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 755 4225