This two-year studio foundations program will introduce you to the technical processes and creative concepts used by artists and designers. You will engage in the artistic processes of imagining, designing, creating and sharing your artwork. The Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Transfer Program is part of MassTransfer, a collaboration between the Commonwealth's community colleges, state universities and the University of Massachusetts. This transfer agreement allows students to transfer seamlessly, stay on track and minimize the time it takes to earn a BA or BFA.
- Estimated Length of Program: 2 years
- Credential Awarded: Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Transfer
My art education at STCC has helped me in every area of my business ventures, from logo design to field layout.Clarke Kennedy , Class of 2015, Co-owner Fall Fields Farm, Ludlow
The Art program is designed to parallel the first two years of a four-year college's art major. Students must complete a common curriculum of liberal arts subjects (6 credits of English composition, 3 credits in math; 8 credits in lab science; 9 credits in the social sciences; which includes one history, one psychology, and one sociology course) the visual arts curriculum (6 credits of art history, 6 credits of color/design; 9 credits of fine arts drawing; 3 credits in 3D design; 9 credits of visual arts electives) and a 3-credit liberal arts elective. A sample curriculum follows:
Art Program Objective
- Understand & demonstrate the principals of basic design.
- Have basic knowledge and experience in using traditional drawing materials.
- Understand foundation level color theory.
- Have heightened observation skills and the ability to record those observations.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of artistic movements thru history.
Handbook of Liberal Arts Transfer and General Studies Programs 2013-14
Upon the successful completion of the requirements for this program, the degree of Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Transfer will be awarded.