Professional Craft Beer Brewing Certificate Program
These courses are a blend of online work, hands-on lab work at Springfield Technical Community College, and conducted brewery tours. The focus of each course is the science and technology of becoming a professional craft brewer.
By taking the complete series, a Professional Brewing Certificate is the first step in pursuing a career in brewing. This training will involve the brewing process as well as quality control and the science behind the process.
Students will be able to set up a brewing quality control program and be able to brew beer. Although the beer will be brewed in small quantities (less than 10 Barrel Brew System), the principals covered will be universal so that the student may apply them for any size system.
By enrolling in all 5 modules of the Professional Craft Brewing Certificate Course, students will:
- Become familiar with the raw ingredients of beer and understand the molecular transformations that take place during Craft-Brewing.
- Gain a thorough comprehension of Craft-Brewing principals and methodologies through hands-on practical application of Craft-Brewing from raw ingredients to finished product.
- Experience firsthand exposure to techniques used by professional Brewers.
- Earn Certification upon meeting all course requirements of the series of 5 courses
A discount is offered to those enrolling in all five classes (WTRD-002 Professional Craft Brewing Bundle)!
For those interested in a specific segment of the Craft Brewing industry, each class can be taken individually to meet specific areas of interest.
- WTRD-014 Introduction to Craft Brewing
- WTRD-015 Craft Brewing Operations with 2 Labs
- WTRD-016 Raw Materials in Craft Brewing
- WTRD-017 Quality Control in Craft Brewing with 2 Labs
- WTRD-018 The Craft Beer Business
- WTRD-002 Professional Craft Brewing Bundle