WELC-005 Masters Electrician Class (168 hours)
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
- Phone 413-755-4225
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Section||Date & Time|
Mondays and Wednesdays 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
September 9, 2019 - April 29, 2020
Springfield Technical Community College and the Gould Construction Institute are pleased to announce a joint partnership in the presentation of this electrical apprenticeship program. This program offers four levels of instruction in compliance with the current regulations of the MA Board of Electrical Examiners. These regulations require that all apprentices entering the trade on or after July 1, 2001, complete 600 hours of classroom instruction (150 per year/75 hours per term) in a curriculum that meets the approval of the Board.
- Completion of Journeyman Electrician Requirements
This 168 hours Certified Program as per requirements contained in “237 CMR 22.02: Required Electrical Education as a Prerequisite for Master Electrician Examination” will focus the attention of the Eligible Candidate to the current testing edition of the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70-2017) with particular attention also given to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Electrical Code Amendments (527 CMR 12:00) as contained in the current edition of the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70-2017) and other required documents and information required to sit for the test.
This course is intended to supplement the continuing studies of the serious Candidate who is eligible, with emphasis on assisting the Candidate to pass the desired Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Certificate A (Master) Electrician License Examination.
It is required that all students bring a copy of the National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition, with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Amendments (527 CMR 12.00) to class.
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in 'electrical' and hit 'Submit'
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 27, Room 143 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.