Building Relationships for Business
WBUS-002 Building Relationships for Business (10 hours)
Fee: To Be Determined
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Section||Dates & Time|
|New Dates Coming Soon|
No one questions that making friends is a good thing. In this one-day workshop, you are going to discover that the business of business is making friends, and the business of all sales professionals is making friends and building relationships. Strategic friendships will make or break any business, no matter how big and no matter what kind of market.
What Students Will Learn
- Discover the benefits of developing a support network of connections.
- Understand how building relationships can help you develop your business base.
- Learn how to apply communication techniques to build your network.
- The key elements in strong working relationships, and how to put more of these elements in working relationships.
- Recognize key interpersonal skills and practice using them.
Major Topics covered in Building Relationships for Business include:
- Focusing on your customer
- What influences people in forming relationships?
- How to win friends and influence people
- Communication skills for relationship selling
- Non-verbal messages
- Managing the mingling
- The handshake
- Small talk and networking
Gail Olmsted, MBA
Gail Olmsted is a professor in the School of Business & Information Technology at Springfield Technical Community College in Springfield, MA since 2003. She was the recipient of the 2011 Deliso Endowed Chair Award and was identified as one of "29 Who Shine" by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Olmsted earned her bachelor's degree in marketing from Central Connecticut State University and a master's degree in business administration from the University of New Haven. Prior to teaching, she worked for 16 years in a variety of marketing and event management capacities in the telecommunications industry. In addition to her faculty responsibilities, Olmsted has consulted with and run training workshops for a variety of area businesses and groups, including The Arbors, Florence Savings Bank, The City of Springfield and Berkshire Health Systems.
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘relationships' and hit Submit
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 755 4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 755 4225