Customer Service Training
WBUS-003 Customer Service Training (20 hours)
Fee: To Be Determined
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Section||Dates & Time|
|New Dates Coming Soon|
Students that completed the course will be awarded an STCC Certificate of Completion, which can be included in applications for employment.
The course consists of three primary topics:
- Guest Experience: We are all responsible for the guest’s journey. Focused on every employee providing the best customer experience. A guest takes many footsteps while in an organization. As they walk through the facility they use their senses and make decisions about how they feel about the organization. Each person within the organization is responsible for the sum total of those footsteps. This section help us to focus, no matter what the department, on how our actions, decision-making, and our quality of work can steer that guest on an excellent journey and provide a fantastic guest experience.
- Guest Engagement: You are the voice of the company. Focused on customer-facing positions. Your position entitles you to deal directly with guests. Yes, it’s a privilege! This course will help you understand differing personality styles, listening skills focused on understanding the cues and clues that guests are providing, appropriate response techniques including articulation and vocabulary, and overall how to engage with guests in an efficient and effective manner.
- Dealing with Guest Challenges: Don’t get a shovel to deal with snow…get a sled!! Focused on resolving customer issues for customer-facing positions. There are many signs before a snowstorm or a thunderstorm occurs. Meteorologists help us find the weather patterns to prepare and respond to those emergent situations. In the same way that a guest may be experiencing things that cause them to shut down or “erupt,” we can help predict and understand those behaviors to deal with conflict easily and judiciously. This course will review appropriate conflict management techniques that allow the guest service representative to resolve guest opportunities and turn them into positive experiences.
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online
- Click: Online Registration
- Click: Search and Register for Workforce Development Classes
- Type in “Customer” and hit Submit
- Click: select box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and it will include the Building and Classroom for the course. If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225