Essentials for CompTIA Network+ Certification
WITS-001 Essentials for CompTIA Network+ Certification
CompTIA Network+ validates the knowledge and skills of networking professionals. It is an international, vendor-neutral certification that recognizes a technician's ability to describe the features and functions of networking components and to install, configure and troubleshoot basic networking hardware, protocols, and services. Many corporations and organizations recommend or require the CompTIA Network+ certification for their IT employees. As the demand for skilled network support professionals grows, CompTIA Network+ is quickly becoming the standard for networking competency.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-008) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a career in the IT Infrastructure fields this is a great first step along with attaining your CompTIA A+ Certification. This also the first step towards a Cisco CCENT Certification.
Topics covered in this program include Network Fundamentals, Network Protocols, TCP/IP subnetting, VoIP, Wireless networking, network troubleshooting, Infrastructure installation, and maintenance.
What Can CompTIA Network+ do for you?
Having proof of your skills and knowledge gives you the edge over other candidates when you're applying for a job, providing:
- Proof of professional achievement
- Better job opportunities
- A viable career path
- Certification can be used towards college credit
- Foundational knowledge for additional certifications
- Prerequisite for Microsoft and Cisco certification courses
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network Infrastructure support or Network administration.
- CompTIA A+ Certification or at least a working knowledge of PC hardware and Operating Systems
- Students should already have a basic understanding of networks and how they function.
All students taking courses with an in-person component and/or students who intend to be on campus for any reason are required to provide written proof of full vaccination.
To Be Determined
CompTIA Network+ N10-008 Cert Guide (Certification Guide)
Anthony Sequeira | Oct 29, 2021
Books can be purchased through the STCC Bookstore, Amazon, or other book vendors.
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
Student Handbook Policies
As a participant in this program/course I understand that I am bound by all the rules, regulations, and policies of STCC as outlined in the Springfield Technical Community College Student Handbook.
To view Essentials for CompTIA Network+ Certification related careers, live job listings, and average salaries please see STCC’s Career Coach.
Please feel free to contact the instructor if you have any questions about the course content.
- Cisco CCENT, CCDA, CCNA Certified
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+, e-Biz+, and i-Net+ Certified Professional
- Microsoft MCDST, MTA (OS & Network) & MCP Certified
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Professional E-Commerce
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Instructor
- IBM Certified Specialist- i-Series 400 Operations
- Certified Wireless Technology Specialist (CWTS)
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Identify & Describe different network media (bounded &unbounded)
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Understand Static and Dynamic routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks, such as VoIP.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in virtualization & cloud computing.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe the troubleshooting of issues on a network.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Second Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “Network" and hit “Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. E-checks are a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
Go to Building 27, 2nd floor to register for the course or call (413) 755-4225.