Essentials for Cisco CCENT Certification
WITS-002 Essentials for Cisco CCENT Certification (40-hours)
Fee: $1,195 includes all textbooks, Fully functional network simulator, and on-line practice exams
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Section||Date & Time|
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5pm-9pm
Free Information Sessions
April 23, 2019 Building 2 - Room 411
Learn all about STCC IT Workforce Training Programs
Explore our Non-credit IT Programs with the Program Developer
Call 413-755-4225 for Information
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) validates the ability to install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network, including basic network security. With a CCENT, a network professional demonstrates the skills required for entry-level network support positions - the starting point for many successful careers in networking. The curriculum covers networking fundamentals, WAN technologies, basic security and wireless concepts, routing and switching fundamentals, and configuring simple networks. CCENT is the first step toward achieving CCNA, which covers medium-size enterprise branch networks with more complex connections.
This course is combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on labs completed at home or work. The topics covered include: Switching, VLANs, Routing, IPv4, IPv6, NAT technology, Wireless fundamentals and VPNs. For a more complete breakdown of the content of the course please review the objectives listed below on this page.
This course has been designed as a blended educational experience. Students will complete the numerous step-by-step labs provided to them by the instructor at home or work with the fully-functional Network Simulator, bundled with the course materials The course will consist of about 30 hours of lectures with about 10 hours of lab time set aside at the end of each class for students to receive help and guidance on any issues they might be having with their labs. Students will also receive computerized practice exams and study guides to help prepare for Cisco Certification
- Network+ Certification or equivalent knowledge is strongly suggested
Essentials for CompTIA Network+ Certification
Networking Fundamentals Certification
Prerequisite Knowledge for Cisco, Microsoft, Wireless Certifications
- Each student will receive a collection of books, practice exams, and a robust Network simulator
- Todd Lammle's CCNA Study Guide, published by Sybex.
- Todd Lammle's CCNA IOS Command Survival Guide, published by Sybex
- CCNA™ Virtual Lite Network Visualizer® to help prepare for the exams.)
- Measure-Up Practice Exam
- Additional practice exams and study material
Director of Program Development and Professional Services
Springfield Technical Community College
Phone: (413) 755-4506
Cisco Certified CCENT, CCNA, CCDA
CompTIA Certified A+, Network+, i-Net+, e-Biz+, Server+
Microsoft Certified MCDST, MCP, MCTS, MTA (OS, Server, Networking)
Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Professional/Instructor
IBM Certified Professional (iSeries 400)
Certified Wireless Technology Specialist (CWTS)
If you have any questions about the course content, please feel free to contact Jim.
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: On Line Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in 'Cisco’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 27, 1st Floor to register for the course or call 413-755-4225