TCP/IP Networking Essentials
WITS-052 TCP/IP Networking Essentials (8 hours)
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Center
- Phone 413-755-4225
- Email email@example.com
|Section||Date & Time|
Monday and Wednesday 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Free Information Session
Date: Thursday, September 12, 2019
Time: 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Location: Scibelli Hall (B2), room 410
Learn all about STCC IT Workforce Training Programs
Explore our Non-credit IT Programs with the Program Developer
Call 413-755-4225 for Information
This course will explore the TCP/IP protocol suite through an understanding of how the OSI model works. We will explore the interaction of network communications as it relates to the different layers of the model. In covering the TCP/IP suite we will discuss client IP configurations including: IP Addresses, Subnet Masks, Default Gateways, DNS servers and how DHCP is used to dynamically supply these settings. Students will also learn how DNS works in resolving Domain names to IP addresses, and how Website URL’s and IP addresses are linked in the global DNS directory system. Student’s will also learn how to dissect an IP address and subnet mask to quickly determine the host devices Network address, Broadcast address, and the valid range of addresses in its network. With this knowledge, we will explore how to troubleshoot IP networks configured into organizational VLANs.
The seminar will discuss several of the major concepts of TCP/IP including:
- Major TCP/IP Protocols
- IP Addressing/Subnet Masking
- Default Gateways
- Ports and Sockets
- Firewall Concepts
- or equivalent experience
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘TCP’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 27, 1st Floor to register for the course or call 413-755-4225