Blackboard Student Orientations
STCC offers an on-campus instructor-led Online Learning Orientation at the beginning of each semester. Attending one of the orientation sessions is optional, but highly recommended for students new to taking online courses or using the Blackboard Learning System. Sessions are approximately 1.5 hours in length.
If you have any questions about the orientation program, please contact the STCC Online Learning Office at 413-755-4345 or email@example.com.
The orientation introduces students to the online course format, including relevant institutional policies, instructional methods, and academic support resources. Particular emphasis will be placed on accessing and using Blackboard Learn, the primary online course delivery system used at STCC.
Please note: course-specific software, such as MyLab and SAM, and are not covered in detail during the Online Learning Orientation. If you are a student and have questions about these topics, please contact your instructor.
After completing the orientation, participants will be able to:
- identify what is an online course and where to participate
- utilize tips for success in an online class
- estimate the time commitment and weekly participation requirements of an online course
- seek out appropriate academic and technical support resources
- log in to the STCC Blackboard system and resolve account access problems
- access and navigate a typical Blackboard course website
- locate and retrieve the syllabus and other course documents
- turn in work using Blackboard's file submission Assignment tool
- complete a timed assessment using Blackboard's Test/Quiz tool
- communicate with instructors and classmates using the course Discussion Board
- check grades and review assessment results using the Blackboard My Grades tool
Join an Orientation
The following is a list of orientation dates/times for the Winter, 2020-2021 semester. To attend one of our orientation sessions you will need to be a current student at STCC with access to the STCCNetPortal.
- Monday, December 21, 2020 - 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020 - 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 23, 2020 11:00 a.m.
Orientations will start promptly at the scheduled time and can be accessed by clicking on the link below.
If you can’t attend one of our live Zoom orientations, please watch the video below of one of our previous orientations.
Online Learning Office
P: (413) 755-4345