Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Sonography, often referred to as diagnostic medical sonography, will prepare you to operate special imaging equipment to create images or to conduct tests. You will be part of a rapidly growing technology used to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data to aid the physician in the diagnosis of disease and injury. This program blends classroom, laboratory and clinical practicums to prepare you for specialties of abdominal and OB/GYN sonography. The Sonography program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education programs.
- Estimated Length of Program: 2 years
- Credential Awarded: Associate in Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging
I decided to pursue a degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography from STCC for two key reasons: affordability and credibility. This program ultimately provides you with the skills that you need to start a successful career in the field of sonography.Laura Tompkins, Class of 2018, Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Northampton
- Program Description
- Accreditation and Program Outcomes
- Applying to this Program
- Applying for Re-Admission to this Program
- Additional Requirements for Accepted Students
- Program Goals
- Program Objectives
- Program Requirements and Advancement
- Program Personnel
- Salary & Job Trends
Download More Information
- Programmatic Technical Standards
- Admission Checklist
- Health Record Requirement Checklist - Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMIS)
Interested in this Program?
Please provide your name and contact info, and we'll be in touch.