5 Axis CNC Mill Training
WMAN-005 5 Axis CNC Mill Training
This is an applied training that covers everything you need to know to make your first part on a five axis CNC mill. You can avoid the distractions of on-site training by traveling to STCC for an intensive 3-day training. The training is held at STCC’s state-of-the-art CNC manufacturing lab, built in 2013. The lab houses 16 Haas CNC machines, including 2 and 4 axis lathes, plus 3, 4, and 5 axis mills. The lab is set up specifically for CNC training; everything from CAD, CAM, to finished part, to inspection is all in one facility.
- Hands-on machine setup (fixtures, tooling, etc…)
- Set work offsets and tool offsets
- Graphic and dry run (on the actual machine)
- Cut example parts on a Haas VF2 with a Trunnion table
- Vericut machine simulation with collision detection
- Overview of longhand CNC programming and CAM programming
- How to set up Mastercam workplanes for 5 axis
- A certificate of completion will be provided.
- This training can be converted into (1) college credit after enrolling in the CNC Operations Certificate (CNCO.COC) or Mechanical Engineering Technology Associate’s degree (MECH.AS).
All students taking courses with an in-person component and/or students who intend to be on campus for any reason are required to provide written proof of full vaccination.
Need help convincing your employer to help cover the cost? Try our Convince Your Boss Letter Template.
Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Times: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Dates: August 16, 17, 18
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
Student Handbook Policies
As a participant in this program/course I understand that I am bound by all the rules, regulations, and policies of STCC as outlined in the Springfield Technical Community College Student Handbook.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Second Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “5 Axis" and hit “Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. E-checks are a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
Go to Building 27, 2nd floor to register for the course or call (413) 755-4225.