Electrical 4 (Code Review)
WELC-004 Electrical 4 (Code Review) (168 hours)
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
- Phone 413-755-4225
- Email email@example.com
|Section||Date & Time|
Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
September 10, 2019 - April 9, 2020
Springfield Technical Community College and the Gould Construction Institute are pleased to announce a joint partnership in the presentation of this electrical apprenticeship program. This program offers four levels of instruction in compliance with the current regulations of the MA Board of Electrical Examiners. These regulations require that all apprentices entering the trade on or after July 1, 2001, complete 600 hours of classroom instruction (150 per year/75 hours per term) in a curriculum that meets the approval of the Board.
- Mike Holt's Journeyman Exam Q & A (included in the course fee).
- Current Edition of the Massachusetts Electrical Code (NOT included in the course fee)
- Completion of WELC-001 Electrical 1
- Completion of WELC-002 Electrical 2
- Completion of WELC-003 Electrical 3
This course consists of 168 classroom hours covering the following areas: Load Calculations –Feeders and Services; Health Care Facilities; Standby and Emergency Systems; Basic Electronic Theory; Fire Alarm Systems; Specialty Transformers; Advanced Controls; HVAC Controls; Heat Tracing and Freeze Protection; Motor Operation and Maintenance; Medium-Voltage Terminations/Splices; Special Locations; Fundamentals of Crew Leadership.
It is required that all students bring a copy of the 2017 National Electrical Code®, NEC® Handbook to class.
Completion of the full Electrical 1, 2, 3, and 4 courses meet that training requirement. This curriculum was developed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research, published by Prentice Hall, and is a nationally recognized, standardized competency based program.
This course provides an intense review for candidates planning to take the journeyman's examination this year.
Students completing this course will have a clear understanding of code and a thorough understanding of the codebook.
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in 'electrical' and hit 'Submit'
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225