Electrical 4 (Code Review) (Web-led)
WELC-004 Electrical 4 (Code Review) (Web-led)
Springfield Technical Community College and the Gould Construction Institute are pleased to announce a joint partnership in the presentation of this electrical apprenticeship program. This program offers four levels of instruction in compliance with the current regulations of the MA Board of Electrical Examiners. These regulations require that all apprentices entering the trade on or after July 1, 2001, complete 600 hours of classroom instruction (150 per year/75 hours per term) in a curriculum that meets the approval of the Board.
This course consists of 168 classroom hours covering the following areas: Load Calculations –Feeders and Services; Health Care Facilities; Standby and Emergency Systems; Basic Electronic Theory; Fire Alarm Systems; Specialty Transformers; Advanced Controls; HVAC Controls; Heat Tracing and Freeze Protection; Motor Operation and Maintenance; Medium-Voltage Terminations/Splices; Special Locations; Fundamentals of Crew Leadership.
It is required that all students bring a copy of the 2017 National Electrical Code®, NEC® Handbook to class.
Completion of the full Electrical 1, 2, 3, and 4 courses meet that training requirement. This curriculum was developed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research, published by Prentice Hall, and is a nationally recognized, standardized competency-based program.
This course provides an intense review for candidates planning to take the journeyman's examination this year.
Students completing this course will have a clear understanding of code and a thorough understanding of the codebook.
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Times: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Dates: September 1, 2020-April 2021
Classes are synchronous 5-8 p.m. with a live instructor thru Zoom. More information will be provided by Gould.
2020 National Electrical Code®, NEC® Handbook
It is required that all students bring a copy of the 2020 National Electrical Code®, NEC® Handbook to class.
To view Electrical 4 (Code Review) (Web-led) related careers, live job listings, and average salaries please see STCC’s Career Coach.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Room 143
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “electrical" and hit “Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note, STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. Students may pay with cash, checks, money orders, and E-Checks as a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
At this time due to COVID-19, in-person enrollment has been suspended until further notice.