Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Non-Credit Course)
WEMT-001 Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Non-Credit Course)
Fee: $1,099* payable in full at the time of registration.
Instruction: Online In-person Hybrid
*AMR Partners with STCC for Free EMT Training
AMR may pay the tuition and provide EMT work opportunities for students who enroll in the STCC EMT program. Graduates of the program will agree to begin work at AMR. For more information about this exciting opportunity please see STCC News: STCC partners with AMR to offer free EMT training beginning Jan. 25 or contact AMR at email@example.com.
The EMT course covers all emergency medical concepts and techniques currently considered to be within the responsibilities of the EMT-Basic (EMT-B) providing emergency care in a pre-hospital setting as set forth by the Office of Emergency Medical Services for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This course meets or exceeds course requirements established by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Services. The course will also cover topics related to future trends and care methodologies in emergency medicine.
- Introduction to Emergency Care Training and Legal Aspects
- Airway Obstruction, Respiratory Arrest, and Cardiac Arrest
- Mechanical Aids to Breathing and Resuscitation
- Bleeding, Shock, Traumatic Injuries, and Wound Care
- Fractures of the Upper and Lower Extremities and Neck and Back Injuries
- Medical Emergencies and Assisted Medications, Behavioral and Environmental Emergencies
- Obstetrics and Gynecological, Pediatric and Elderly Emergencies
- Patient Handling, Extrication, Communications, and Terrorism
EMT Skills Include:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automatic External Defibrillation
- Patient Assessment and Wound Care
- Splinting and Neck/Back Immobilization
- Oxygen Therapy and Resuscitation Techniques
- Patient Handling and General Knowledge of the Ambulance
- At least 18 years of age within 3 weeks of the class start date.
- Students must have a valid email and regular access to a computer.
Failure to complete and submit 100% of the medical requirements prior to the first day of class will result in your being withdrawn from the class and no refund will be issued.
For requirements, required health forms, and submission instructions for this program please see the Emergency Medical Technician (PDF) Health Record Requirements.
Fee: $1,099 payable in full at the time of registration.
Additional fees are due upon successful completion of course.
- State EMT Exam. Payable to the testing service prior to the end of class. $150.
- National Registry of EMTs. for the written exam. $80.
- State Licensure Fee, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, allowing an EMT to work in the state. $150. (Not applicable if not working in MA)
Free Tuition and Work Opportunity
AMR will pay tuition and provide EMT work opportunities for students who enroll in the STCC EMT program. Graduates of the program will agree to begin work at AMR. For more details please see STCC News: STCC partners with AMR to offer free EMT training beginning Jan. 25.
Convince Your Boss Letter Template
Need help convincing your employer to help cover the cost? Try our Convince Your Boss letter template.
Individual Training Account (ITA) - Funding
What is an Individual Training Account (ITA)?
An Individual Training Account (ITA) is an account set up on behalf of an adult or dislocated worker to pay for training services. The purpose of the ITA is to give program participants maximum choice in selecting a training program.
One-Stop Career Centers determine the dollar amount limits, time limits, and other requirements for use of ITA accounts.
If you are approved for an ITA account, you must choose your training services from the statewide list of ITA-approved programs. A One-Stop Career Center employment counselor will give you information to help you make an informed choice about how to spend your ITA funds.
You can use the Department of Workforce Training's Online Services Training Course Search to find ITA-approved training programs that meet your needs. Select "ITA" from the Approved Course Type drop-down box to find ITA-approved programs.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Adult and Dislocated Worker Program and for Individual Training Account (ITA) funds, visit your One-Stop Career Center, or call the Division of Career Services at 617-626-5300.
To find the Career Center nearest you, see Find a Career Center near You on the Department of Workforce Development web site.
For more information about One-Stop Career Centers in Massachusetts, see One-Stop Career Centers.
Section H41 (HYBRID)
Times: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 7
- Tuesday, June 14
- Tuesday, June 21
- Tuesday, June 28
- Tuesday, July 5
- Tuesday, July 12
- Tuesday, July 19
- Tuesday, July 26
- Tuesday, August 2
- Tuesday, August 9
- Saturday, August 13 All Students on Campus
- *Tentative OEMS FINAL EXAM August 20, 2022
Section H42 (HYBRID)
Times: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Days: Every other Saturday
- Saturday, June 11
- NO CLASS Saturday, June 18
- Saturday, June 25
- NO CLASS Saturday, July 2
- Saturday, July 9
- Saturday, July 16
- Saturday, July 23
- Saturday, July 30
- Saturday, August 6
- Saturday, August 13 All Students on Campus
- *Tentative OEMS EXAM FINAL EXAM August 20, 2022
EMSTESTING.COM: EMT -- Access Card Platinum Educational Group
BLS for Healthcare Providers
Books can be purchased from Amazon or other book vendors.
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
Student Handbook Policies
As a participant in this program/course I understand that I am bound by all the rules, regulations, and policies of STCC as outlined in the Springfield Technical Community College Student Handbook.
To view Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Non-Credit Course) related careers, live job listings, and average salaries please see STCC’s Career Coach.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Second Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “Emergency" and hit “Submit"
- Select the appropriate course
- For Tuesday Lab, please select course number: WEMT-001-D31
- For Saturday Lab, please select course number WEMT-001-D32
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. E-checks are a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
At this time due to COVID-19, in-person enrollment has been suspended until further notice.