Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Non-Credit Course) (Hybrid)
WEMT-001 Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Non-Credit Course) (Hybrid)
Fee: $1,099 payable in full at the time of registration.
The EMT course covers all emergency medical concepts and techniques currently considered to be within the responsibilities of the EMT-Basic (EMT-B) providing emergency care in a pre-hospital setting as set forth by the Office of Emergency Medical Services for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This course meets or exceeds course requirements established by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Services. The course will also cover topics related to future trends and care methodologies in emergency medicine.
- Introduction to Emergency Care Training and Legal Aspects
- Airway Obstruction, Respiratory Arrest, and Cardiac Arrest
- Mechanical Aids to Breathing and Resuscitation
- Bleeding, Shock, Traumatic Injuries, and Wound Care
- Fractures of the Upper and Lower Extremities and Neck and Back Injuries
- Medical Emergencies and Assisted Medications, Behavioral and Environmental Emergencies
- Obstetrics and Gynecological, Pediatric and Elderly Emergencies
- Patient Handling, Extrication, Communications, and Terrorism
EMT Skills Include:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automatic External Defibrillation
- Patient Assessment and Wound Care
- Splinting and Neck/Back Immobilization
- Oxygen Therapy and Resuscitation Techniques
- Patient Handling and General Knowledge of the Ambulance
Learn in STCC's custom Mobile Simulation Rig
Failure to complete and submit 100% of the medical requirements prior to the first day of class will result in your being withdrawn from the class and no refund will be issued.
- At least 18 years of age within 3 weeks of the class start date.
- Students must have a valid email and regular access to a computer.
- Students enrolled in the non-credit healthcare programs (CNA, EMT, Phlebotomy) are required to submit vaccination records:
- Tdap within 10 years
- Immunity to measles (two live vaccine doses or positive titer results)
- Immunity to mumps (two live vaccine doses or positive titer results)
- Immunity to rubella (two live vaccine doses or positive titer results)
- Immunity to hepatitis B (three vaccine doses or positive titer results)
- Dose 1 done at 0 months
- Dose 2 done at 1 month
- Dose 3 done at 6 months
- If a titer is drawn, a copy of lab report is required
- Immunity to varicella (two doses of varicella vaccine or positive titer results)
- Influenza vaccination: recommended for all students and required by some clinical affiliation sites during influenza season.
- Physical Exam: The STCC Student Physical Exam Attestation form provided to the student, specific to their program, is the only acceptable physical exam form. Physical exams must be within one year of the start of the program.
- Students must submit a Student Health History Form, Authorization to Release Information to Externship Sites Form, Technical Standards Acknowledgement Sheet, Background and Drug Screen Policy Acknowledgement Form to the Health and Wellness Center PRIOR to the first class.
- A physical exam (health history form attached below) is required from each student enrolled in a health field, Early Childhood Education, or who participates in athletics. Students must have had a physical exam within the last year, prior to the start of classes.
- If a student does not have a medical provider for this physical exam, they can obtain an exam from the Health and Wellness Center free of charge. Please contact (413) 755-4385 to make an appointment.
- STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT ALL IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS TO THE STCC HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER PRIOR TO THE START OF CLASS. NOTE THAT CERTAIN MEDICAL CLEARANCE MAY TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS TO COMPLETE.
Health History Forms & Requirements
Please see the Emergency Medical Technician Health Record Requirements, complete the forms, and submit them to the Health and Wellness center via fax (413-755-6045), STCCNet Dropbox, or by postal mail using the address below. Please note, we highly recommend fax and Dropbox over postal mail due to delays.
Health and Wellness Center
One Armory Square,
Springfield, MA 01105
Fee: $1,099 payable in full at the time of registration.
Additional fees are due upon successful completion of course.
- State EMT Exam. Payable to the testing service prior to the end of class. $150.
- National Registry of EMTs. for the written exam. $80.
- State Licensure Fee, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, allowing an EMT to work in the state. $150. (Not applicable if not working in MA)
Individual Training Account (ITA) - Funding
What is an Individual Training Account (ITA)?
An Individual Training Account (ITA) is an account set up on behalf of an adult or dislocated worker to pay for training services. The purpose of the ITA is to give program participants maximum choice in selecting a training program.
One-Stop Career Centers determine the dollar amount limits, time limits, and other requirements for use of ITA accounts.
If you are approved for an ITA account, you must choose your training services from the statewide list of ITA-approved programs. A One-Stop Career Center employment counselor will give you information to help you make an informed choice about how to spend your ITA funds.
You can use the Department of Workforce Training's Online Services Training Course Search to find ITA-approved training programs that meet your needs. Select "ITA" from the Approved Course Type drop-down box to find ITA-approved programs.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Adult and Dislocated Worker Program and for Individual Training Account (ITA) funds, visit your One-Stop Career Center, or call the Division of Career Services at 617-626-5300.
To find the Career Center nearest you, see Find a Career Center near You on the Department of Workforce Development web site.
For more information about One-Stop Career Centers in Massachusetts, see One-Stop Career Centers.
Section D11 (HYBRID)
Times: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 10/12/21 (No Class)
- *Tentative OEMS EXAM January 8, 2022, Final Exam
Section D12 (HYBRID)
Times: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Days: Every other Saturday
EMSTESTING.COM: EMT -- Access Card Platinum Educational Group
BLS for Healthcare Providers
Books can be purchased from Amazon or other book vendors.
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
Student Handbook Policies
As a participant in this program/course I understand that I am bound by all the rules, regulations, and policies of STCC as outlined in the Springfield Technical Community College Student Handbook.
To view Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Non-Credit Course) (Hybrid) related careers, live job listings, and average salaries please see STCC’s Career Coach.
- Each student must complete assigned reading BLS for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association, which is to be read before the first class meeting.
- The online reading and test for FEMA IS-700b: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- The online reading and test for IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS 100
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Second Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “Emergency" and hit “Submit"
- Select the appropriate course
- For Tuesday Lab, please select course number: WEMT-001-D31
- For Saturday Lab, please select course number WEMT-001-D32
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note, STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. Students may pay with cash, checks, money orders, and E-Checks as a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
At this time due to COVID-19, in-person enrollment has been suspended until further notice.